DODGE RAM FORUM banner

rambox

3K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  RAMit2 
#1 ·
How popular is the rambox ? I keep browsing chrysler inventory at local lots and very few have rambox if any.I want that option on my new truck. I"m getting a 2015 model so thinking i will have to order it to get one.

#3 · (Edited)
Our local dealer has a line up of say 15 trucks,no ram box.If i do a search on autotrader very few have rambox,I told the wife i'm not gonna settle for a truck without ram box. I just did a search on auto trader.ca and within 1000km of me there are 2,877 ram 1500's 2012-2014 and 11 have ram box !

#5 ·
I got them on my Outdoorsman, had to order them, no truck on dealer lots had them.

#6 ·
I found no Outdoorsman 1500 6'4 bed with them when I was shopping for my truck, few BH or SLTs but only 5'7 beds. Now you can't even get them on my truck since they are blocked with the EcoDiesel for 2015 apparently. I love them and my mom thinks they are great and wishes Ford had something like it for my dad's truck.

#9 ·
I dont use my truck as a "work truck" and have the ram boxes. They are awesome! Instead of having things rolling around in the backseat or taking up space the ramboxes are perfect. All types of things can go in there, tow straps, fishing rods, umbrella, lunch for work etc. Not to mention they can be used as a cooler.

#14 ·
Ram box is very cool. IF I didn't have to load my big Polaris X2 ATV in the bed, I would have gotten it. I am curious how the Ram box works with getting sheets of 4x8 plywood and drywall?? Do you turn them on a angle to carry them?

#16 ·
Worth the wait. Besides air suspension, it is my most used feature. Like the auto locks and dual lights on inside. My family likes the option to fill with ice, then drain the waiter via thr rubber plug. I also like the integrated rails and verticals slits to install the folding plastic bed extender gate that comes with the system.

Another reason to order is LSD. Most dealers do not stick that option. That was also must have for me. All worth the wait.

#20 ·
Had two Avalanches before Ram and liked storage in that area, since most of the truck bed is useless anyway fore and aft of wheel wells. Had to do search to find Big Horn at another dealer to get that option. Like you said there are not many around on the inventory unless custom ordered. Also added Bakflip F1 tonneau cover Rambox ready to complete the secure storage on my truck bed. Nice that the auto door locks also lock tailgate to secure cargo as well as Rambox lids!

#23 ·
I have them on my 2014 Laramie and love them well worth the money. My truck was on the lot as it is a 1300.00 option and that is why you dont see alot of them. I put a tonneau cover on mine as well. I also have a fiber max cover NIB for a 69"bed if anyone knows someone who is interested for a real good deal.

#25 ·
I custom ordered my Limited with Rambox and the 6'3 bed. No body had a Limited with Ramboxes and when the dealers did a nationwide search it was over 2800 miles away and there was only one. I would 100% order my truck just the way I want it with Ramboxes allover again. The window sticker even stated "This Truck was Especially built for Brian *****" No one seems to have a supply of Ramboxes and the idiot sales staff thinks Ramboxes can be added on in the dealership!!

#26 ·
I custom ordered my Limited with Rambox and the 6'3 bed. No body had a Limited with Ramboxes and when the dealers did a nationwide search it was over 2800 miles away and there was only one. I would 100% order my truck just the way I want it with Ramboxes allover again. The window sticker even stated "This Truck was Especially built for Brian *****" No one seems to have a supply of Ramboxes and the idiot sales staff thinks Ramboxes can be added on in the dealership!!
A new truck is such a personal thing and there are so many features and build combinations I think it is wise to order from the factory if you cant find exactly what you want on the lot. I've ordered two vehicles in my life a 14 Ram R/T and a 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan. I was extremely pleased with both. Nothing worse than driving a vehicle missing an option you really wanted or paying for options you dont want or use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.