DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Compliments on your Ram?

4K views 35 replies 31 participants last post by  GR8WING 
#1 ·
Apparently others enjoy the blue / chrome / Ram combo just as much as I do, but sometimes it can be wierd. The truck is really a head turner, which is very surprising- I would expect it with a 57 Bel Air, Yenko Camaro, Hemi Cuda, or classic Charger, but with a new truck...I was really surprised.

About a month ago, I was rushing into the emergency room for my mother in law and just parked my truck in a spot directly in front of the doors. A guy standing in front of the ER says hey, nice truck.

About two months ago, I was at a breakfast place eating during a busy Saturday morning. I parked my truck in front so I could see it. The cook walks out, does a full walk around and just stared at my truck for about 5 minutes.

What are your most memorable?

#2 · (Edited)
This past weekend I was at at stop light and a fire truck drove by and all the firefighters turned their heads and looked at my Flame Red RAM. Just washed and detailed her so she looked good.

I have a hard time just not staring:)

Sitting at the Culvers drive thru waiting for my order I saw an employee come out and saw my truck and said nice truck to himself then said to me it was nice.

#3 ·
While at a local custard place, a young employee came out and said "thanks for driving a real truck in here, all the girls only commented on the Fords and Chevy's until now".... he then proceeded to give me a discount! ;)

#4 ·
Twice at the same carwash, I've had people come up and comment on my Ram. First guy was driving a Chevy pickup; second guy was the carwash attendant so you know he sees a lot of vehicles.
Three of my friends are now either looking to buy a new Ram or thinking about it at least.
Love my truck.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Seems like I get compliments almost daily. The guys at the carwash are all over this thing just to check it out, fun to listen to them. Or when you over hear folks talk about it when at a restaurant and they don't know it's yours.
Love my truck! :smileup:

#7 ·
In two months, I have had more comments and compliments on my R/T than any other vehicle I've owned. I got cornered by a guy at Costco in the parking lot just this weekend that would not let me go...kept peppering me with questions!!

My favorite was the guy at the suspension place that was installing my lowering kit. He did not know I was still there (waiting for my ride after dropping it off in the AM) ... and he rolled down the passenger window and yelled to one of the other mechanics: "hey! check this out! it has a shift knob just like a Jaguar!!"

#23 ·
In two months, I have had more comments and compliments on my R/T than any other vehicle I've owned. I got cornered by a guy at Costco in the parking lot just this weekend that would not let me go...kept peppering me with questions!!
Oddly enough I get the most compliments on my truck while fueling up at Costco. It's either the attendants or customers, but I've almost come to expect it when I'm filling up there!

#8 ·
More compliments on my Ram then any other vehicles I have owned. At the car wash, picking up my son at daycare and other places. Can't beat the look of a Ram!

#9 ·
Flying Rats

My wife and I were just being seated at a restaurant and this guy ( never saw him before ) says: "hey there's a couple seagulls standing on the hood of your truck"! I immediately jumped up and headed for the door! The guy says "hold up there" I was just kidding and that is a beautiful truck! I sat down again and my wife says "stop making a scene"! I said it's the truck not me!

#13 ·
My wife and I were just being seated at a restaurant and this guy ( never saw him before ) says: "hey there's a couple seagulls standing on the hood of your truck"! I immediately jumped up and headed for the door! The guy says "hold up there" I was just kidding and that is a beautiful truck! I sat down again and my wife says "stop making a scene"! I said it's the truck not me!
I would have a fit if there were seagulls on my hood:nunu:, my wife has come to terms with my insanity. I think you had a right to slap that man and make him buy your breakfast for his "compliment".

I will not park under the trees at work because of birds, so I park farther away. I'll park an extra 15 parking spaces away, just so nobody will park next to me and ding my truck.

#15 ·
I don't get many compliments with my tradesman except when I beat a Chevy ,Toyota or a ford (most of the time) and they always ask what tuner are you using and I just smile at them I hope to have one by Christmas.

#18 · (Edited)
My wife and I are driving down the interstate about a month ago- it's 105º outside and I'm just chillin' with the AC blasting doing 70mph. An older beater 96 Ram comes up along side and the passenger hangs half his body out the window giving me the "roll down the window" hand signal. My wife gives me the worried face and I roll down my window and yell "Whats up"
I swear the guys screams "That truck is f*ckin badass brother" and gives me the double guns. I yell back thanks man- flash a thumbs up and turn to my wife all slow and straight faced and say…. happens every day baby. She has not stopped giving me snide comments since. I have a dozen more …… love this truck.

#19 ·
Driving down the interstate today... Was in the middle lane and another Ram passed me, looked like a '10 or '12 or so. Got the thumbs up from the passenger as they passed me. Just washed it the other day, so it does look nice right now...

#20 ·
Son was over helping me replace the service door on my garage. A guy driving by stops
and is asking about my truck. he has hardly let and a woman stops. But she asks if the
house next door that has a for sale sign would be for rent. Son says, does this happen all the
time? He thought she was commenting on my truck, too. I told him it happens a
lot. But usaully up town. not when it is parked at home.

#21 ·
Gotten a few nods and looks as Im one of the first in these parts.

One in particular from a guy in a new F150. "Oh I loved that one, but they made me such a good deal on this, I couldn't resist. Sure is sweet."

THen Labor Day, a few ol timers sitting in front of a coffee shop watched me pull up. I didn't want to cut off their view of the street, so I backed up and knowing came w/i 2 inches of the mirror hitting a telephone pole. "You were 2 inches from hitting the mirror of what nice white rig. Good luck with it, looks great!"

#27 ·
Have recently gotten compliments when I took it in to the dealership for some service real quick and then when I just took it into the body shop after my little incident on Friday. Everyone loves the blacked out look. They all say "thats a really nice truck! Did it come blacked out like that from the factory?" Then I explain that I added the black side steps, had the rims powder coated, plasti dipped all the badges, grille and even lug nuts. Then that is usually followed up with "you did all that yourself??" Yup! :p

#31 ·
The day I picked up my 14 Laramie, a guy at the propane place said it looked like a piece of art. The next day an old timer in a new ford came across the gas station parking lot and commented about how gorgeous it was. The girls at local university even check it out till they see my old ass driving it. Then they try to look away but can't. Ha, gotta love it!

#32 ·
Mine gets a LOT of attention. I've had people pull up beside me at stop lights and leave 3-4 car lengths between them and the vehicle ahead just to roll down the windows to ask questions. Lot of queries about the supercharger whine or what exhaust I have (I run 4 mufflers). It's always funny when I go into a service department or shop, 5 min after I pull in there's half the techs looking at it with the hood up and one or two poking their heads underneath. The number of waves, thumbs-up, and nods I get from every type of vehicle owner drives my wife crazy when she's with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.