DODGE RAM FORUM banner

cat back exhaust

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  HemiBoss 
#1 ·
Magnaflow or Flowmaster

#5 ·
..Magnaflow... but it's all personal preference... you want a certain sound? Flowmaster... you want it a little quieter but perform better? magnaflow.....

#6 ·
i agree with the magnaflow clan...but the flowmaster does have that rich distinctive sound you can only get from a flowmaster, but on some cars, it is almost too artificial and not throaty IMO.

#10 ·
yeah i cant say for sure where i read it, but im sure it was on flowmasters site. i had the magnaflows on my old ram and loved it, but i really tossing around the idea of the duals on this rig. id like to try the flowmaster or borla, but i cant decide.

near niagara falls..

#12 ·
havent seen anything that would really make me want to head state side to drop the dough honestly.

#14 ·
I had 18 inch magnaflow installed for $230, sounded good but too quiet, spent 90 bucks for a glasspack to replace it, much happier now. The glasspack has an overall similar tone, just a lot louder

#16 ·
I'll be the odd ball of the group and say grab a flowmaster, I'm already the odd ball chrome lover lol I have a 14" Flow and love the damn thing. On a highway I've had girls in my truck and say they thought it'd be louder. Your interior does a pretty good job of deadening the sound and I don't really have a problem with drone but that might be also because I deleted my resonator at the time. At idle it sounds beast no doubt, and it sounds pretty gnarly up until the higher 4k RPM range then it just loses growl and turns loud lol Magnaflow does have a better WOT tone.

A couple vids, nothing fancy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbnwXV1DTLM&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QboMu8OgQxM&feature=plcp

In all honesty, Isay don't buy the full Catback to everyone, switch out the muffler and the Y-pipe, do what you want with the resonators and find some nice exhaust tips online. The price of all of that installed is cheaper than the price of the kit and the piping you get is exactly the same size that the truck already comes with, and it's a cat-back exhaust stock from the factory. It's 2.50" from manifolds to the Y-Pipe, than 3" from Y-Pipe to SIDO Muffler, than the pipe leaving the muffler is 2.50". Exact same specs as the Maggie kit. One thing I do love about the maggie kit though is those exhaust tips lol So damn pretty. Not saying don't do it, plenty of guys have and I don't knock them for it as its a nice kit, just food for thought is all. :smileup:

#18 ·
lol I know I took that last vid before I lowered it and put on the R/T's. I have the Super 44 14" muffler and it's made from 409 Stainless steel.

Info about 409 Stainless: Grade 409 resists atmospheric and exhaust gas corrosion. A light surface rust will form in most atmospheres; this rust retards further corrosion but makes the surface undesirable for decorative applications. The corrosion resistance is about the same as that of 3CR12 and the 12% chromium martensitic grades such as 410, and inferior to the 17% chromium grade 430.

:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.