DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Eyebrow Tint

17K views 66 replies 26 participants last post by  Thebestestdrummer 
#1 ·
Not sure if this applies to other generation Rams, so I'm posting it here.. please move it if need be.

I'm contemplating getting an eyebrow tint on my windshield when I take her in for the front windows.. question is will this work? My windshield has a black dot applique(?) with the Ram's head logo in the center (right behind my rear view mirror) and I'm wondering if an eyebrow tint would adhere well over this or would it cause bubbles in the tint? Also, not quite as important, would adding the brow ruin the appearance of the factory applique? Thanks for any info!

Here's a pic of the applique on my windshield..

See less See more
#2 ·
The guy that tinted my side and rear window's said he wouldn't do the front like your asking because of the dots. He said the tint over the dots would turn milky looking. There have been guys who have it done here with no problems. I'm sure someone else will chime in here shortly who has it done.

Reactions: KA1OTE
#4 ·
Milky looking.. hmm. Not something I would've expected. Only problem I foresee is the strip of tint not going on smooth and having bubbles.. thanks for the info.

I had it done and it looks great a year later. A quality shop should have no problems ensuring a smooth application over the bumps. It is a very common thing to do here in the south so the shops should have experience.
Good to know.. and you haven't had any bubbling problems with the part of the strip over the dots and Ram head? I haven't asked anyone local here yet.. not sure how popular it is to have done around here (Utah) but I have noticed it on many vehicles lately and thought it may be nice to help with the desert sun. It has a tendency to reflect a lot.

#7 ·
This is very true. My shop here in town warranties all their tint work for the lifetime of the rig (transfers to next owner if I sell).. so if they say they can do it, I guess I'm good.

I'm still a bit leery on how it will look.. anyone have any pictures of the eyebrow tint on their truck with the applique on the top center of their windshield? Would appreciate it.. thanks!

#11 ·
I too want the brow but yours is exactly how I don't want mine!. I hate the look with it wider @ the outside edges and narrow in the center. I want it to be equal width ALL the way across. the way it is pictured the cutoff @ the edge is kind of a vertical orientation, I want a horizontal one that the equidistant strip would give but everyone seems to think it is not possible. it IS possible just not as "easy" as above.

#9 ·
Mines done. And pretty far down too in 5% like the rest of my windows. 7 months later at it looks fine, keeps alot of heat out and glare. i love the strip, dont have to put the visor down very much.

#10 ·
dodgert - Thanks for the pics! Puts it all into perspective for me.

Mines done. And pretty far down too in 5% like the rest of my windows. 7 months later at it looks fine, keeps alot of heat out and glare. i love the strip, dont have to put the visor down very much.
Exactly why I am wanting it done..the glare first off and the reduced need to use the visors is a close second. The reduced heat build up in the truck is a bonus as this doesn't bother me too much.

Because it is a strip and not the entire window, am I limited to the darkness of this strip like my other tint (according to my state laws)? Or can I get 5% for the brow?

#24 ·
Between the two examples that have been shared, I am personally leaning toward the arched version on dodgert's truck. The straight strip seems too blocky for our Rams.

I am one for chrome, but I would think chrome tint would be too much. That being said, I've never heard of chrome tint nor have I seen it.. but it just sounds like it wouldn't look right.

#25 ·
heres a couple of mine havent ever had an issue and u dont see the ram emblem or anything like that in it and its 5% love it but im well below the ansi line

#28 ·
heres one of my others

Reactions: KA1OTE
#29 ·
not really if it extends below the ansi line unless the area you are in has a problem with window tint. I personally have never had an issue yet. I used to actually go 3-4" lower than it with complete black or white vinyl but on my last three trucks im only 2 1/2" below it so it covers the spot where the rear view mirror mounts and my tint guy actually cuts the tint so it doesnt eyebrow as much. he sometime uses the limo tint which is i believe like a 2.5%

#30 ·
I was actually looking to get a white vinyl eyebrow on my truck. Do you have a pic of this skinny?

#31 ·
i dont have a pic of my old 05 with it but hang on and ill get ya a pic of one of my employees 03 with it

#34 ·
When I did mine I had the tint guy trim out the tint around the RAM head logo so that it "pops", or stands out. Think it looks pretty cool. Mine is radiused like dodgerts and is at the ansi line, so in the middle it doesn't cover the pixels where they drop down. I think I'm gonna get mine redone so that it goes straight across so that it will cover all the pixels.

#37 ·
no worries that what we do hahaha

#42 ·
I haven't talked with my local tint shop about prices yet (what should an eyebrow run anyhoo?) but I think I have decided that I like and prefer the curved brow over the straight strip. Although both would achieve my ultimate goal, I think the curved would flow better with the rest of the truck. My quote was $90 OTD for my front windows tinted to state law.. how much have the rest of you paid for the brow tint strip so I have an idea of what ballpark to expect?

#43 ·
I had the eyebrow on the wife's van and on my truck and both front windows tinted on my truck for 115 on Friday I think it was 65 for the windows and 25 a piece for the eyebrows. I'll say this both the van and the truck look great with the tint work done.
Mick

#44 ·
KA1OTE, sounds like our prices are pretty close down here in Louisiana. I got a couple of quotes from $100-$120 for both front doors and eyebrow. So i would say no more than $30 for an eyebrow.

#45 ·
I paid 25 $ for mine and my guy charges 25 $ a window also for any % tint we want . Although im pretty good with this guy but I have checked around and a lot of other guys charte around 50-90 $ for the eyebrow

#46 ·
Don't want to hijack this thread, but who are the top window tint manufacturers that you guys have had installed? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.