DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#575 ·
Hey all!
New to the site and looking to go to a full size truck, one of those new 2013's and step away from my Tacoma
Any dealers I should check out and stay away from.
Another Question.
Has anyone ever used Carcostcanada.com ? as a way to deal for their new ride?

Thanks!

#577 ·
I've never really heard of any other the city dealers to be any good. Some worse than others. I go to eastside because it's a block down from my work but the service kind of sucks sometimes. My latest experience:
Pulled into the drivethru for an oil change at 24000kms. A guy not dressed like the other advisors walks up and immediately asks my milage. I tell him 24000kms and that I'm just looking to get my oil changed. He says "well at 20000 we recomend a wheel alignment just to make sure there's no issues" I ask if that is included in my extended warranty free maintenance. He says no but it's "only" $149. I said "yea not interested, if there's an issue at 20000kms then dodge has some serious warranty to answer to." He just said "oh well let me take you to your advisor over here then" and hustled me off. I told my advisor what he had said and even she seemed shocked, she said "your truck is pretty well brand new why would you need that?" I was pissed, I know how the alignment sale thing works from working at the chev dealer. The people in the service drivethru make a bonus on every alignment they sell. As soon as he wasn't going to make anything extra on me he hustled me off to another advisor. I was going to complain but after I was finished getting my truck in for it's oil change he was gone and I couldn't find him and didn't get his name.

What confuses me is according to the warranty info book oil changes are every 13'000kms, the manual says the same. My first oil change I did at 9'000 and they were giving me heck for it and said both books are wrong and it should never be longer than 5'000kms. Who's right? I've always done oil changes on my older vehicles at 5'000 but I figured I'd go by the manual when I bought my truck since it does nothing but highway driving.

#578 ·
Only good luck I had with a city deal was with my Tacoma when I bought it in 07.
Never had any issue with Charlesglen for getting any service or work done on my Taco. Nothing but good words for them

Did have issues when looking at rams back in 2010.
Nothing but the run around or terrible salesman service. Was about the same at the 3 city dealers I went to. Tried two outside city dealers. They were good but just couldn't pull the trigger then lol

#579 ·
Just remember Cherry, there is a difference between factory required services and dealer recommended services. You should know this since Chev has been doing just as long. Let them bitch all they want, as long as you follow the owner's manual they can't do jack about it.

Morloki, my brother works at a local dealership as a parts runner and when I was looking for my new truck he gave me the dealerships to avoid at all cost. I disregarded his advice and checked out one at Renfrew, and the salesman was SO pushy that he actually blocked my way from leaving his office... I told him when I walked in I wasn't signing anything and was just looking as I hadn't received my settlement on my wrecked truck. All I can say is avoid Renfrew like the PLAGUE!

#580 ·
I bought mine from Renfrew. I got an okay deal on my truck at 32'000 but not as good as eastside was offering me. But I somehow fell for whatever Renfrew was trying to convince me don't even remember what got me. But in the heat of that moment I was just so excited to be buying a truck I signed on the dotted line. I regret it now but I still love my truck. Though it irks me to see how they are nearly giving the sports away. But I was warned to keep away from Renfrews service department, along with Tower. My neighbour takes their trucks to Drumheller, and buy them there as well. I've also heard good things about airdrie dodge. I may go there if I require more than an oil change. I've had odd shifting once in a while in my truck and eastside does nothing more than scan it and tell me it's fine.

I kind of figured the dealer recomended stuff was bs. I only work in the chev bodyshop so I'm not totally sure what their recomended services are though I've seen a lot of stuff come in our shop with less than 1000kms that is supposed to go to the service side immediately after for their "first" service. But a friend of mine is an advisor so that's how I know about the alignment "bonus" but she says chev only recomends it every 50'000 and that in that time it's likely the vehicle has been curbed and bounced off some potholes that may throw out the alignment. She even laughed when I told her the guy said every 20'000 and told me don't get sold on that bs. I've rebuilt engines and transmissions and replaced nearly every chassis part on my s10 so the day I get sold on a maintenance "alignment" hell will freeze over. If the tires don't wear funny and the truck drives straight. The alignment is probably fine.

#582 ·
No sunroof no heated cooled seats no nav no sport hood and no rear cam or sensors. Has everything else trailer brake, big rear end and big fuel tank. I went to renfrew because a friend of mine in the sales dept at work told me her friend was the sales managet at renfrew at the time. I remember a spiel about a vegas trip and a bunch of jazz but not sure what really suckered me. Eastside was offering me the same truck for only a thousand more in a crew cab with a sport hood. I wanted the hood most of all. But still dont have it :(

#585 ·
I just bought my ram through eastside and had a good experience. They did try to push a hail damaged on me but as soon as I told them no way they slacked off and showed me what I wa looking for. The 3500 no damage short bed was cheaper then the 2500 hail damaged long box.

But its all personal experience and preference, eastside treated me well and when I go in for an oil change and browse the salesmen are always there to kill sometime with, knowing im not buying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.