DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#664 ·
I had a (Mostly) color matched fibreglass tonneau, it was nice and all ... but I planned on doing some camping, and decided to get a canopy ... got myself a LEER 100XQ, its perfectly color matched now, very happy with it.

I say mostly color matched with the tonneau, because in the sun you could see that it didn't really match. And the guy that bought my tonneau had a 2nd gen 1500 (Ive got 3rd gen), and it matched perfectly.

Figures that the Patriot Blue from each generation is different...

#671 ·
Nah it's just a general issue that we've had with all years before waterbourne was used, we even have the issue with the chevy trax which is a new canada only model. Imports are worse, domestics usually only have a couple variants. You get into hondas and toyotas and we've seen up to 19 variants. And even then we still often have to tint to match. It's so frustrating. Mind you I see brand new chevys on the lot all the time with panels that don't match each other, it's mind blowing that people will buy a car with a bumper that looks pink compared to the red on the car but when we paint it and it's just a shade off that you have to be in just the right light to notice and they lose their minds.

#674 ·
I must say, quite a difference in fuel economy with the toneau cover on. Definitely a bonus! Seem to have improved about a litre per 100 even with a side wind. Working on getting it to fit still though, when I close the tailgate it catches the seal. But if I lift the rails up it doesn't seal at all.

#676 ·
Was a breeze to install. I adjusted it the hard way and left the cover on while I craled inside the box. It seems to sit pretty square as far as I can tell, it's catching the seal at the middleof the tailgate.

Edit: And I'm bringing the truck to work tomorrow so I can paint it up! Yay finally!

#677 ·
Strange that it is catching the middle of the seal. Should be even right across it. Might have to play with it some more.
That is awesome! Bet you are excited to have to back to normal and fixed right up

What is the best way to remove dealer decals. Its not the vinyl cut one but a drip mold looking kind. The blue color looks so out of place on the Copperhead. lol

#682 ·
I am all safe here. just crazy to see pictures and videos of the city core and other ares.. just nut. Talk about volume of water. WOW
Yea it pretty insane. I'm afraid to see the aftermath. Going to be a long summer of cleanup. I was going to bring my truck home today so I could use it if someone needed help but I decided to keep it safe at work inside the shop. I wouldn't be crushed if my hyundai floated away. It's petty crazy though, out here in Strathmore it's sunny out. Weird to think half an hour away the city is being washed away.

#684 ·
Sadly we have several friends/family that have lost a lot in this flood. My brother's in-laws house is under 7ft of water right now, our friend's cabin in Hidden Valley was washed away before they could get any of their belongings out of it, one is a nurse at the High River Hospital and has been working non-stop since Wednesday night with evacuations and critical care patients.

#685 ·
Sorry to hear Kurtis. I went for a drive last night to have a look and it's heart wrenching to see these communities under water. Peoples livelyhoods just washed away like it was never there. I'm going to sign for the volunteering through Calgary Cleanup. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pO2E9t5bxFucMq9JbGwVAnADslJYvuQuCmlabfaHttc/viewform?pli=1

My truck didn't get finished yet. We got busy at work and my boss said I can only work on it if there isn't customer vehicles to get done. Hopefully Monday.

#686 ·
This water is CRAZY! alot of friends live downtown and have had their entire lives uprooted and destroyed because of this :( lady friend got evacuated and had to come stay with me for a couple days.. Im in a good part of the city and didnt get anything over and above the crazy amounts of rain...

Im off tomorrow (tues) possibly wednesday, wanting to change my sparkplugs in the truck if anyone wants to swing by and give me a hand??

also, anyone good with body work? looking to repaint my black beretta z26.. need to prep it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.