DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#697 ·
Yay truck is fixed! I'm not overly happy with the colour though. It's too dark, but the painter insisted he knew which alternate to pick so I'm stuck with it now.

Then after we got the truck back together yesterday I was really bored since work is slow so I painted my engine cover.

#700 ·
Thanks guys. The colour change is obvious in the shade, most poeple will never notice but I see it and it bugs me now. I'll get used to it. When I evetually change the hood to a sport hood then I can blend the other fender as well and then there colour will be fine.

To be honest I lost milage with the intake, but it sounds cool so I keep it haha

#706 ·
just over a month from my court date to fight my DUI i got back on October... i havent been able to drive ANY of my vehicles for almost 9 months now.. thanks to the guilty until proven innocent law!!

#711 ·
The thing with DUIs is they're not willing to take any chances anymore, there have been too many accidents with repeat offenders. A co-worker was driving home the morning after and got nabbed, lost his license for 3 months, was out of work for that whole time because our job requires driving. He was eventually acquitted after 13months on technicalities, but that still didn't mean he wasn't over the legal limit and still behind the wheel.

Things like this are always bad when they happen to you, but you don't think about them unless they DO affect you, and too many people want stiffer punishments for these offenses, so it's not even worth trying it anymore.

#712 ·
yea its been a rough almost 9 months and is costing me a fortune to fight. I have over the "limit" but thats attainable at 2 drinks at dinner. Its just frustrating that I am guilty until proven innocent..

i SHOULD get off given the fact that i wasnt given my right to council and that the officer didnt see any signs of impairment (stumbling, slurring, etc)

#713 ·
So you blew over but seemed fine? That sucks. I made the mistake of being honest at a check stop once. Asked if I had been drinking I said yea I had a couple over the course of a few hours. Next thing was 21 questions and 3 cops standing there. I was so embarassed. They let me go, I think it was a bit of a scare tactic.

#715 ·
I disagree that the limit is bullshit.

As an example:
I have taken part in several BAC tests on another car forum and me being 6' 205lb blew 0.048 at the highest point and that was 7 rum a cokes over a 4 hour span. At 5 rum and cokes I felt impaired and incapable of driving.

I understand that people have different tolerances and each persons BAC level is dependant upon a multitude of factors but I think no good can come of this discussion as impaired driving is a very touchy topic.

#719 ·
again, thats YOUR tolerance.. im 6'3 190lbs and drink 3oz drinks at a time.. i can finish off a 26oz bottle of vodka and feel completely fine..

the new limit is a hard line and not suggestive to anyone person, i understand that but the BAC compared to impairment should come into consideration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.