DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#838 ·
LOL! oh dear, i havent been able to drive my beretta enough to know how good the fuel mileage is.. bought it, had an issue with the Fuel delivery system, fixed it, then got my suspension so i couldnt drive it.. and now its winter and under the knife for paint.. :p

#849 ·
I was going to do the hakkapellittas but I wanted something I could still use to go camping and play in the dirt. These are pretty good on the ice and climb through the snow like nothing. Plus I got the tires for $500 with stickers on them so a $700 savings couldn't be passed up ;) they just may or may not be a bit warm lol I just didn't ask questions :p

#852 ·
flygt, it tends to flake off eventually. only way to make it last would be to sand the chrome right off and then apply an adhesion promoter and a primer.

Well I am damn proud of my truck tonight. Cops had the highway blocked off but the cop told me a way to sneak through to Chesermere and onto the highway to get home to Strathmore and just said to take it easy. Visibility SUCKED but the worst part of the drive was when I hit an unsuspecting drift that had come onto the highway and my truck nearly got air. She takes it like a champ though :D

#858 · (Edited)
Banzai, you runnin around with no DL?? Not trying to be a dick, I mean no disrespect, but I thought you were getting your DL on the 13th of Dec... Not cool if you are driving with no DL bud. If you get pulled over, you do realize charge or not you could serve an automatic 1yr suspension plus an automatic $1500 fine for failure to comply.

Only reason I say this is bud, is because there are 2 Calgary members on here that are Calgary city police officers and have seen this thread.

#859 ·
Rule of thumb, never break more that one law at once. I was actually told that by a cop friend. So as long as he's not speeding, running stop signs, failing to signal, texting while driving or driving aggressively the chances of getting pulled over are slim. Don't drive past 6 for risk of check stops and certainly stay away from bars lol. I'm surprised he didn't say to heck with them and continue to drive a long time ago.

#860 ·
Doesn't matter how he avoids getting caught. If he hits someone or evens just gets his plate run, he serves an automatic judgment and extends the suspension. Had a buddy in Edmonton get caught driving on a suspended licence with 30days left. Automatic tow and impound for 30 days, a year suspension automatically levied, and $1200 fine. And he fought his first offence and won. he's taking a stupid risk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.