DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#999 ·
They are decent priced. It's a buddy of mine that sells them. $250 a set forthe D2's. These are the 6 led quads. these are made by the same company that makes the rigid brand.

If anyone wants to contact Andrew directly regarding the lights and the assorted sizes he offers.

Andrew - 403-801-4054. Just mention Chris referred you, he will look after you.

#1,004 ·
Separate relay, the lights come with full harness, switch and really all ready plug and play, I'm using my Pia switch and relay cause I like the switch. But i connected the power to the headlamp connection as I wanted to ensure I don't ever forget them on, so they only work when the headlights are on.

#1,005 ·
I'm looking for two of the aluminum style radiator cap from a RAM. I need them so I can run the BT caps on some reservoirs.

I am willing to trade them for the black plastic caps that are the new ones from Chrysler. Two dealerships say this is the only one they can order and the aluminum ones only come on the truck from the factory.

#1,008 ·
Hello! :wavey:

I am new here... just ordered my 2014 Sport a couple weeks ago. Starting to look into getting some rims and other accessories.

Just curious where you guys get all your stuff?
In particular I'm looking for some OEM black rims and I will need a tonneau cover as well! Best place to get Mopar parts in Calgary? Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.moparonlineparts.com/
Thank you!

#1,028 ·
Thanks for the info guys!

Oh I am interested! Do you have pictures of the wheels?? Which bakflip fo you have? I'm still undecided as to which I want to get. Part of me wants a retractable one but I don't want to lose that extra space where the cannister goes.
Thoughts?

Jackie

#1,018 ·
For big items I would highly recommend using the border shipping companies if you are able/willing to drive to the border to pick stuff up. I take advantage of the 'free shipping in the US' or much lower shipping rates withing the continental US. A transmission cost me $300 to ship to the border or it would have been $700 to ship to Calgary.

Also, have a look at factorychryslerparts.com they have some of the best prices I've found online for new parts.

#1,019 ·
How do those border shipping companies work? Or better yet which is the best to use? And how do you deal with customs?

Factorychryslerparts is best for prices on oem for sure and the cross referencing and list of other p/n's on the site is nice too since dodge likes to use 5 difference numbers for one part sometimes.

#1,020 ·
I use At The Border Storage in Sweet Grass, Montana. You just use their address as your shipping address. It arrives, they store it for up to 6(?) months and there's a storage fee based on dimension, duration, and I call it the pain-in-the-ass fee. Most packages cost $5 each and bigger ones can be from $10-100 if it's on a pallet or extremely oversized.

You cross the border, pay and pick up your stuff, declare it when coming back across the border so you only pay 5% GST and you're on your way. To simplify the process I always bring down a sheet with tracking numbers, and pre-shipping costs as the GST doesn't include shipping. Always bring receipts with you for the border guards to look at if they need to.

I like ATBS because they're nicer, keep their place better organized than the others, they're open all week plus the 1st saturday of the month, and I've never had an issue with them. I've moved $25K of parts through them including my fiberglass tonneau cover, transmission and engine, and all my other '09 parts. I average a savings of $600-1K on shipping each trip including the 1.5 tanks of fuel to get down and back; I just do it on one of my days off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.