DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#1,041 ·
I think I'd like to talk to Raven about a RollBak and a Bedrug Mat...
I'm hoping they have a Rollbak in stock as I would like to see how big the cannister is before I buy it. We need to haul a go-kart back there and I need to make sure it still fits with the rollbak in there.

Do I call and ask for Jim?

Thank you!! :wavey:

#1,033 ·
Thanks so much for the info! Do either places do installs? Not sure I want to tackle this one myself... but maybe I'll look up some install vids and see how hard it is.
I'm trying not to get ahead of myself as my truck is still in D status but it's so hard to not look at toys that I could get!
:)

#1,035 ·
Itchin to put the throttle body on. How can you tell the difference in it from stock? Looks the same to me. Hoping to see a big difference when I put on my mbrp exhaust, the throttle body and get a tune done. I want a vararam air grabber next. Seems to have mixed reviews on here but I love the looks. I'd run my stock air box in the winter anyways since I have the winter front.

#1,036 ·
Should be tapered on both ends Heather.
Your stock tb is what's called a true bore,same diameter throughout it's length,while yours will be tapered on both ends.
It's worthwhile porting your manifold inlet to match the tb bore when you bolt it on.
Spray the bolts with WD40 or silicone lube when you re-install them.
The bolts go into a plastic manifold so a little lube on them helps.
I put the bolts on a rag and give them a quick spray with WD just before installing them.
Make sure you disconnect the negative battery post prior to removing your orginal
Rick

#1,042 ·
For the bedrug, check the dealer and get the Mopar version....same thing but about $100 cheaper!

#1,049 ·
If you want to get the most power a good dyno tuner is hard to beat,but if getting every last once of power isn't a big priority Sean/Hemifever's tunes are probably your best bet.
Dyno time is expensive,and Seans tunes are pretty well respected.
Kurtis is in Jamica for the next couple weeks,he might be your best bet for info on a local tuner if you're going that way

#1,051 ·
Bear in mind most headers require periodic maintenaince Heather.

And are usually harder on your underhood wiring and hoses etc.,just from the extra heat generated.

Not trying to talk you out of them,just giving you a heads up:smileup:

Have you considered the SRT manifolds from a Jeep,apparently they'll work too
Rick

#1,052 ·
True and I just haven't found a set I really like other than the long tubes and I can't throw $1700 into something like that right now. We'll see how happy I am after I put my mbrp exhaust on, and the throttle body. Waiting on Moe's to get back to me with a shipping quote on a vararam, but for now I have my k&n intake. I also want to do some work to the rear end this summer, thinking a detroit locker, so the money I'd spend on the headers could be better spent elsewhere lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.