DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#1,247 ·
Got the tuner to work today. Tried 87 octane tune and I gotta say that is the sweet spot! 130kph on the way to Calgary, got 19 to 20mpg (usually only about 15-16mpg), and while in the city she was breaking tires loose at a rolling 50 and 60kph. I was pretty happy! Now if my damn trinity would stop acting up every time I try to unmarry it so the truck can go for service I'd be really happy.

#1,248 ·
LOL,gotta love a gearhead girl:smileup:.
What did you have to change to finally get it to accept the tune?

Went down to 61st tonight,never been there.
Gotta admit there's alot of cars,but it isn't the same as "bullshit" corner used to be.
Was hoping for a few more older muscle cars,nothing against the younger generation and their cars,but i'm a bit older:shy:
Only stayed till 10:30,so i might have left abit early

#1,249 ·
Nothing it just suddenly started to work lol. And I saw gas prices went down again, yay! I can fuel up the truck now.

You probably left too early, it doesn't get busy down there til after 10. After the gong show I witnessed a couple weekends ago though I wont be around there much. That BMW that ran a red and hit a mini van was doing burnouts over and over along with a bunch of other douche bags. Everyone loves getting their vehicle peppered with dirt and rocks in a parking lot right?

#1,250 · (Edited)
Wasn't too much of that going on,but it was early when i was there.
Ya i was a bit disappointed in the cars and their quality.
Nothing against the newer cars,but i don't figure a honking big tipped muffler makes a car .
There was a couple semi decent cars,but nowhere near like it used to be.
I had to go to our shop on 72nd,so i was right there,and figured i'd check things out,kinda glad,i killed 2 birds with one stone,lol.
Airdrie's little A&W Friday night car show is better,so that tells you how impressed i was:smiledown:.

Awright,good to hear the tuner finally came to life for you:smileup::smileup:.
You'll have to get it up beside another tuned truck now ,to see how it compares .
Are you going to spring for some dyno tuning,or one of Seans (HemiFever) tunes.
Rick

#1,252 ·
LOL,i know just the truck to compare.
It's almost the identical twin to you'res ,right down to the colour.
The owner kinda wants to pick your brain on your tuner anyways.
He tows a honking big travel trailer,and he was wondering how you liked your tuner for towing.
His truck has a worked over ported throttle body/S&B CAI/and a Magnaflow muffler,so it'd be a good comparision i think.
He's in the Hat this week-end,but back on Monday,so i'll let him know,your interested a test comparision:smileup:.
He doesn't get on here that often,but i'll let him know to check-in
Rick

#1,258 · (Edited)
Lol we had a small adjustment....the MTX had a hull damage when I went to pick it up, dealer was super good about it, so we are coming home Saturday with a 2014 Glastron GT187. Has the new Rotax Jet engine, so no prop and allows me to get into shallower waters and not tie up a prop with weeds.

Cost was better on the Glastron, and I wanted a bigger rear landing deck for the kids, and the tow tower. Ran us $35,000 incl/trailer and all covers which was $4k more on the Rinker, so win win really

Attachments

#1,265 ·
I use meguires leather and vinyl conditioner on my seats and nothing more than a wet cloth or foam glass cleaner on my dash and panels. I can't stand shiny interior and I find if you spray the foam glass cleaner on the really dirty stuff like the sills and let it sit for a few seconds it will lift the dirt out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.