DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#1,332 ·
Ever since seeing Josh's levelled Ram and the ridiculously dangerous death wobble that came with it, I'm wary of any kind of lift on our ram's. His truck is almost uncontrollable under heavy acceleration and higher speeds. He's had it back to the dealer that put the lift in and they say there's nothing wrong. I was going to level my truck but after seeing that I think I'll stick with stock.

#1,333 · (Edited)
Why lift it,why not go the other way and drop it some.
Every flipping white Dodge in the country is lifted,so why do you want to look like every other white truck?

My neighbour has a brand new white Sport that has a dealer installed lift,and now he's bitching about his truck looks like every white 4X4 on the road.
He's kicking his rear for letting the dealer talk him into it now.
I tend to agree,his truck looked way better stock with the factory chrome rims.
But then again,i'm not a fan of black rims ,especially when that's what everybody else has.
Show some intitive and go against the grain,drop it,lol

As Heather says young Josh's truck moves side to side a good 6" at high speeds with his level kit.
I followed him one night and at 140 and up his truck is damn near swapping lanes.

Me i'd look at dropping it slightly,way more benefits to dropping then lifting.
Truck handles better,and will get better gas milege when it's dropped,also won't blend in with every other truck in this province.
Just my .02,but i hate building the same thing as everybody else has.

There's usually a truck meet at Max Bell on Sundays,bring that thing out ,so we can get a look at it,lol

#1,334 ·
Only reason I wont go down is clearance. I have a big chunk missing out of my fender liner from the snow last year. Plastic bumper + lower truck = broken bumper. I already had a lowered truck and as good as it looked it made it a car... and I already have a car lol. Bought a damn truck to do truck stuff :p

#1,337 ·
If you level the truck by going down in the rear Heather,you should actually gain front spoiler clearance,mind you,it won't be much more clearance.
Depending on how you use the truck,dropping the rear might be more feasable then going up in the front.
In your case where you're probably towing a horse trailer in and out of pastures,it's probably not the way to go.
But if you're towing a holiday trailer,and don't see much off road action,going down in the rear might be beneficial.
We lowered Audio1's truck by 2" in the rear,and he tows a 7,000 lb holiday trailer,and with bags in the springs he likes it's towing abilities.
He also says it handles noticably better when empty and he's just running around cutting corners,lol
Can't beat cutting the stock springs for being the cheapest to do.:smileup:

#1,341 ·
LOL,i don't blame you,i would be too.
I'm waiting for you to get them on too,i'm probably as curious as you are.
There's alot of hype for long tubes,and i'm waiting for an honest opinion:smileup:

Are you keeping your stock cats for now ?

If you're springing for one of Seans tunes,no point in spending money on new cats.

Hows your tool selection for doing the job Heather.
Do you have access to a welder /torch /sawzall etc.
Rick

#1,343 ·
Hey guys new to calgary moved here from ontario 4 weeks ago. I own a 2010 ram with few mods. Getting kinda boring knowing noone figured be cool to meet some other dodge guys! Anyways just sayig hey and hoping to get to know some off you! Plus i have no idea best spot to buy parts so help is appreciated! Thanks

#1,348 ·
I don't have the Intune,but it's probably not much differant then my Trinity.
What do you need help with.

Up your part throttle shifts a couple hundred rpm,set the top speed limiter to 190mph.
I'd go for at least a 6,000 rpm shift point, use your "butt dyno' to give you feedback on the shift points though.
Run it down the road and watch your engine temp,then set your high and low fans to come on just above that temp,no point in having the fan running on the highway is my theory.

Bring it out to a meeting some night,should be somebody there to help you out.
Rick

#1,350 ·
Alright thanks and ya i get the simple stuff its the fuel and spark adjustments i am kinda wondering if i could see any gains from that stuff, just basically looking for a better knwoledge person to let me know what little things to screw with! And ya when and where are the meetings?

#1,351 ·
There might be more answers if you posted this down in the 5.7 performance section

You could also put a post on Diablo's forum too

Another couple guys you could try are Jay Green over on dodge talk,and Sean at Hemifever ,put a post on his site down below.

Meetings are Saturdays these days at Tim Hornets/Wendy's on Mcknight just off Deerfoot.
Usually somewhere around 7:00,nothing big,just a few guys getting together for B.S sessions.
We usually meet in the parking lot just west of Timmies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.