DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram725 Lift & More Build

76K views 752 replies 34 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
I had another build thread but it was more my initial question then it was a build thread. We started installing yesterday at the offroad shop I used to work at. We are just doing it after hours so it's taken a few more days. Hoping to be done tomorrow. I will continue doing more to the truck in phases, thinking Road Armor or Ironbull bumpers next.

Bought the truck in July from the dealership I am a manager at. Decided instantly I wanted to lift it. I've owned many dodges and other lifted trucks from diesels to other half tons. This however has been my favorite project.

Truck:
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
3.55 Gears
Hemi

Lift:
6" RCX
Kicker Bar
Bilstein 5100s at 2.1"
Tires:
37x13.50x20 Toyo Mt
Wheels:
20x10 Fuel Hostages Black
Misc Mods:
Bedliner
Tint
Exhaust

So far we have about 4-5 work hours in it, hoping to have it done tomorrow. We have it at a new property we bought in Old Katy Tx. Nice to have a full lift and space to work.

See less See more
#324 ·
did you rub any, if so how did you get rid of the rub. i have the same set up, but i rub the front bumper and it sounds terrible like i am ripping something off the truck. the shop did set my bilsteins to zero, i am wondering if putting them back to 1.4 will eliminate the rubbing

#327 · (Edited)
Well since the bumper wont be here for another week or two... I had to order something else.

Purchased a BT Catch Can Satin Finish. From a member on here who has never used it. Still brand new. Saved me $20 and helped a fellow member out.

Going to order the Braided lines probably just for the look.
If my paint shop can paint the Catch can i'll have it painted MG. But we'll see. I may like the Satin Finish.

#331 ·
BT catch can should be in next week. When I install it I will also be taking the engine cover off and taking the cover to the paint shop.

Iron Bull should be here next week also. Still need to order the winch (debating between Engo and RCX) and haven't decided on lights yet. Wanting to run PIAA 510 lights, but even at cost they are expensive, trying to find a slightly used set or cheaper good 4" lights. Will run the bumper black for awhile then might paint it before Gatty.

Also working with the Paint Shop here in town on getting my grill MG. They are a top notch paint shop, so this may be what I do. Also trying to find a day to drop the rear bumper off and get it painted MG till I replace it with an Iron Bull. They feel real comfortable painting it and said they've painted chrome bumpers a lot. Like I said, they are a top notch paint shop in town and do a lot of show cars and trucks in town.

Now debating on painting the interior trim liquid metal like the new limited shifter I have, rather than MG. So the interior trim would be like a Limited to a degree. Just for color flow liquid metal might work best.

Figured my 1,000 post should be on my build thread. :smileup:

#332 ·
congrats on 1000! WHOOP WHOOP!

#335 ·
Congrats! I have a catch can waiting to be installed but now I am hearing that it can freeze in cold temperatures..... I'm not sure whether I am going to put it on :sad:

#337 ·
I've seen a few threads on here with it happening but I dont think you will have to worry about it because it seems like it only happens when it is below -20F.

#339 ·
Just finished reading through your thread.. only took a few hours ;)
But I wanted to chime in and say you have a very, very nice looking rig! I am partial to the mineral gray and although I am more into the chrome accents than you are.. everything you have done to your rig looks wonderful! Great job! :smileup:

#344 ·
Why, thank you. I washed her last Monday and she is only still clean because I take my drive at .5mph :LOL: I hate our dirt driveway!
She came with the flares, thank goodness too! My rig has a lot of what others on here mod and add to their trucks. Some of it is very confusing to me, so I'm just glad I got a Ram with practically everything included. Just have a couple of miscellaneous 'mods' I want to still do (mostly for aesthetic purposes):
chrome fuel door
remote tailgate lock
bull bar
KC Slimlites
That's about what I'm down to after what little I've already done. :)

#348 ·
Which version of the Slimlites did you have? I have settled on KCs over PIAAs but am undecided on whether to get the driving lights or the long range lights.. :4-dontknow:

#355 ·
Hello,

Your bumper has been shipped. It will arrive in approximately 24-36 hours. My driver will call you 1 to 3 hours before the delivery is made.

Kind Regards,

Iron Bull Bumpers
Shipping Department

:smileup::smileup:

#358 ·
Well I guess I can add that I now am ordering an 18" Magnaflow through Andrew (FastNugly) and Jeremiah (Jhinkle1989) at Discount Auto Performance.

Great customer service and honestly I just ordered it because they are great guys and great assets to this forum. Will post a full purchase review once I get it in from them.

#360 ·
GREAT CHOICE! I just installed my 18" Magnaflow that I got from them too, great guys! I'm STILL smiling every time I step on the gas. It is the perfect sound, and volume in my opinion; just loud enough to hear in the cab, and when you don't want to hear it, just turn on the radio!

You're truck's sound is finally going to match it's looks... BEASTLY :smileup:

#363 ·
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I am just as excited to see yours!! I still need to get my headlights done by retroshop.

GREAT CHOICE! I just installed my 18" Magnaflow that I got from them too, great guys! I'm STILL smiling every time I step on the gas. It is the perfect sound, and volume in my opinion; just loud enough to hear in the cab, and when you don't want to hear it, just turn on the radio!

You're truck's sound is finally going to match it's looks... BEASTLY :smileup:
Thanks man. I really appreciate the compliment. You've boosted my confidence in this order. Thanks!!

#361 ·
Don't mean to thread jack but does anyone else run Flowmaster 40 Series??? I hear so much from the Magnaflow on this forum but I really love the sound from this muffler I have now.

I think I am most excited for this light mod you have coming... I am working on doing more lights myself. Added a set of OEM fogs between the two hooks for the heck of it!

Defiantly waiting to see how this all goes together!

#362 ·
Thanks I appreciate it. I am ready to get the lights done too.

I have just never been crazy about flowmaster. Just personal opinion. I ran magnaflow on my TBSS and absolutely loved it. More mellow than flowmaster but that's what I wanted on this truck. Just personal opinion. I think flowmaster reputation is ruined by teenagers running the loadest muffler and flooring it at 4am. Or at least that's what changed my mind. Flowmaster is a good product. I just prefer magnaflow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.