DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tonneau Covers

15K views 67 replies 56 participants last post by  thines 
#1 ·
Wanted to know what cover everyone thinks is the best..
I was thinking of a Bak G2. Any thoughts?

#63 ·
Which one are you looking at? roll-bak? or roll-x?

I can see there may be an issue with the roll-bak because of its canister style mechanism. But the roll-x rolls up onto itself like a rug on the top of the bed rails. Id imagine any ice would just break up as you roll it.

unless your talking about some really thick ice:Wow1:

mind you i live in southern california so i cant speak much about ice issues...

#66 ·
Got the Roll-N-Lock installed, but then had to take the rails off to install the adapter for the non-tailgate lock. They come with a piece that screws onto the tailgate and then the cover has hooks that catch that so that it secures the tailgate when the cover is closed. However my RAM has the locking tailgate so I didn't want that extra piece attached.

It was very easy to install, took about an hour and a half by myself, but doing a second time would be quicker as I spent a fair bit of time double checking against the instructions.

Love it. It's solid, secure, and doesn't flap in the wind. I know it takes up a bit of bed space, but usually what's in the back is golf clubs, kids hockey equipment, or camping stuff so no big deal. Previous truck came with a Mopar fiberglass cover, I like the Roll-N-Lock better.

#67 ·
I had an Access cover on my other truck and loved it.
Rolls up towards the cab allowing tall items to go into the bed.
Handy as all get out. I just ordered another one for my new Ram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.