DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RHB Radio with a Zune

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MrGoodbar 
#1 ·
So I did a short search and didn't come up with much, so I figured I'd make a new post... I have an older 80gb Zune that I've had for a few years mostly because I hate itunes and didn't want an ipod... I've been trying to get it to connect to work through either the front or glove box usb port and the RHB radio doesn't see it through either one... it'll charge through both, but my radio won't read any music off of it... does this only work with ipods? if that's the case, that's annoying but oh well.... I also couldn't get it to recognize my android phone (Droid X2) This could completely be user error, and I haven't tried a USB stick yet, although I've been thinking about it... only been home a few weeks and haven't really had a chance to "play" with all of the buttons and features of the truck yet... so any insights y'all got would be awesome :) I got it to work through the Aux port, but it's annoying having cables running everywhere (not to mention that the only cable for the Aux port I could find around the house was one my wife used to use and it's pink........ DEFINITELY don't want that hangin around the interior of my truck!!) I like listening to the roughly 70gigs of music that are on that zune (that barely survived Afghanistan, LOL), and it would be super annoying trying to find a USB stick that big, or trying to transfer it all to something, unless hard drives that are powered off USB work? Thinking out loud here now :)

Thanks for any ideas!!
D

See less See more
#3 ·
The Zune will only ever be of use via the heaphone out/head unit aux in.

As for hdd's they have to be flash ram based as true physical hdd's that are usb powered don't get the full signal from any usb port in the truck.

For my 3 rides with 2 MyGigs and an Alpine HU I have two ipods (80 and 160 GB), several usb sticks and two 32GB MicroSD cards that all run through any of the usb inputs with the right cable or card reader.

#4 ·
Ya that's what I figured..... if only it would work... I'll probably just end up buying an older ipod and using that even though I hate itunes.... and you just use the normal ipod usb cable to use it, right? I know my wife's sonata's nav system has a special hyundai cable that you have to use.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.