DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rear Window

842 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lincoln5.7 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have 04 ram 1500 and put my window down this morning and now it wont return up. It was cold this morn so i put it in a garage. I haven't checked the fuses yet or anything was just wondering where i should start to hunt down the problem. All the other windows work but the passenger rear and i tried the switch on the rear door..... nothing Any help would be great guys :smiley_thumbs_up:

#2 ·
Ok here is a update had power up to the motor then i put some leads on a battery and the window went up. So at least i got it closed good thing too because we got 14inc of snow. So any ideas of what it may be think the regulator went out in the motor or what do you guys think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Well, if you put power to the motor and the window went up, it's not your regulator. Sounds like you've got a bad switch or a broken wire. Change out switches with one of the other doors and test it. If it still doesn't work, then it's a wiring issue and probably a break in the wire where the wire goes in to the door.

#4 ·
I had a problem with my windows in that same manner. if you get to a dark/shady place where you can see the lights in your switches (little green/blue ones for night time) and if you wiggle around the switch wire you will see them flicker on and off (in my case they were) I took just clamped the wire more secure inside the switch and bingo..they all work.

im not saying this is your problem and it will fix it im just giving you an idea of what could possibly be wrong; hope it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.