DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Has anyone noticed!!!???

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  martinez 
#1 ·
HAS ANYONE NOTICED how fast the 2009 4.7 truck really is??
I've raced a few of my friends just messing around cause the
where doggin on the dodge. Well no need to say beat all then
in there 02,07 chevy 1500 5.3 and a 05 chevy 2500 6.0! The fords
are a joke! just plain out slow. only thing i cant keep up with is the
Nissan Titan. :wow: those thangs are really fast. My HYPERTECH programmer
comes in tomorrow so i hope that will be the key to beating a titan
with a bully dog gt tuner,CAI, & exhast compared to my All stock 4x4 with
a 2.5 leveling kit.;)

#8 ·
Welcome Tyler, you may need to get your number of posts up to at least 25, so maybe you should say Hello to about 15 new people, should be easy :)

#10 ·
i had a 2010 F150 sport going about 60km/hr whe i turned, he thumped the gas as hard as he could trying to show me up, i passed im in 3 seconds flat from a stand still. poor fords think theyre trucks when really theyre just in the way! lol

#11 ·
lol at porkchop! kep the stories coming! Also i just got my hypertech programmer
in. Man this things bad A$$... it did make a big diff on the take off power and HIGH RPM
HP. i rate it a 7 out of 10 because i cant change the top end speed limiter or i just cant
find it right now only been playing with it for about 15 min.

#12 ·
Thats great to hear that the 4.7s are quick! All the new Rams are really quick! It is great to see that all the trucks are stepping their games up!

#13 ·
Thats nice to know! that way im not to quick to judge on those with a 4.7L i still prefer having my hemi under the hood! :LOL:

And amen to the fords being slow....i've never driven anything else that responds so horribly when i hit the gas pedal.....

#15 ·
my company drives nothing but fords and even the big bosses trucks that are top of the line are more gutless than any of the V6 dodge and chevs that ive driven, and i like the new 2011 ford superduty commercials, how they claim to have the best HP, TQ payload and some other BS...the only reason they can claim that is because nop one else has brought out the stats for 2011 yet...it will be just like last year, as other companies bring out the 2011, the comercial will get shorter and start claiming little things like side steps or a thicker window. lol oh and another fun fact, my dads buddy bought a top of the line supercharges mustang cobra not even a tyear ago and hes already trying to up the HP because its not enough...right there is proof that even the ford "super" cars are poorly designed/built

#17 ·
I have about 6,000 miles on my 4.7 and it feels like it has really broken in now. It felt a little underpowered at first. I have thrown on an Airraid intake and a Magnaflow 14 in muffler. Sounds great and runs like a champ now.
Now I just need to sell my steps and get a get a programmer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.