DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Check Engine Light

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  hemijeeper 
#1 ·
My check engine light came on and it's showing a few codes. My truck is an 04 dodge ram slt 1500 with a 5.7 liter hemi. It showed the following codes U0155, P0137, P0440 and a U0101. Also it's saying that it has a mismatched vehicle identification number for an abs code I believe. Can anyone help me and let me know if all of these issues are related and my best course of action to take in getting them fixed. Thanks.

#6 ·
Probably not. Your P0137 code is an oxygen sensor code, specifically bank 1 sensor 2 low voltage code. P0440 is related to an emissions EVAP issue. U0155 and U0101 may be present, but may not be actually setting the CEL. I can not recall what these two codes are specifically, but I would diagnose and repair the first two codes first. Although it's possible the P0137 and P0440 may both be caused by a common issue, ( bad PCM or connection to PCM, rodent infestation where a wiring harness has been chewed on ) it is much more likely the two issues have nothing to do with each other and need to be diagnosed separately. Good luck I hope this helps!

#8 ·
A code P0440 could mean one or more of the following has happened:

The gas cap is not installed or working properly
The purge solenoid has failed
The canister is plugged and not working properly
Possible Solutions
With a P0440 OBD-II trouble code, diagnosis can be tricky at times. Here are some things to try:

Remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the code, and drive for a day and see if the codes come back.
Inspect the EVAP system for cuts/holes in tubes/hoses
Inspect for damaged or disconnected hoses around the Evap purge solenoid
Check and/or replace the sensor
Check and/or replace the purge valve

#9 ·
U0155

HELLO I am woundering what the u0155 code was about my jeep wrangler has a 2004 dodge hemi in it and today while i was replacing the transmission selector cable the dash went dead all my gauges do not work could you help me out with this problem? thank you for reading this and i hope you have enough time to help me out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.