DODGE RAM FORUM banner

head light HID?!?!

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  hriczko806 
#1 ·
hi i have a 2004 dodge ram 2500, would like to get some HID headlights but dont know what brand is reliable. would like the kit to come with everything for the hids, highbeams in them also. Post any experience you have. open to ideas of just stronger headlight bulbs but dont know what is clear/bright.

would like 8000k high beams; cool blue

#2 ·
I just got a set from Amazon for $80 Kensun was the brand. I got the 6000k 9007 high and low. If i where you i would just order the resistors right away. It will take care of the flickering and the lamp out. Going on 2 weeks and no problems so far. GL with your search.:smileup:

#4 ·
I recently ordered my VVME lights from ebay. Got a pair of error canceller in addition from a different seller. No problems so far. VVME uses the big old style thick heavy ballasts not the slim light ones. Paid 36 per kit shipped, and 9 for the pair of cancellers.

#6 ·
Hey new to the forum but i recently just put the xentec 8k hids in my truck with the high/low slim balast. I absolutely love them and so far i have had no problems with them. Purchased them for 32$ off ebay. I have yet to have any strobe effects or anything of the sort like with other brands.

#8 ·
+1 on the Xentec. Ive used them on multiple cars over the last 4 years and they have been great.

Our trucks have a CAN bus system tho so if you swap headlights to HID you'll need adapters to draw power direct from the battery. Otherwise you'll get flickering. Fogs are ok they way they and shouldn't need any other modification. Just the headlights. You can get the harnesses on ebay for cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.