DODGE RAM FORUM banner

spark plug replacement

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Patrick1982 
#1 ·
I'd like to change the plugs on my 2007. Recently cleaned the throttle body (thanks for the how to's) and didn't see anything at a quick glance that looked like the typical spark plug wires, and dizzy to show me where the plugs were.

I'd like to know also if there's anything I should be aware of as far as procedure since I'm still getting aquainted with the truck.

Thanks for any reply

Tom in FL

#2 ·
Chilton's manuals are your friend. I've always had one for every vehicle I've ever owned.

#6 ·
4 of my 8 spark plug boots got stuck in the spark plug well, so i let WD soak in the center of boot and slowly pried around spark plug to let WD reach inside of boot, then with a little twisting/pulling/cursing got em out. Not without damage though.

There is one thing i noticed, that i didnt get to try because i saw it after i was done, but on the top of boot there is a very tiny hole. I bet you could shoot air into that hole and the boot would pop off.
(I put a lot of grease on boots on re-install to avoid this severe pain next time)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.