DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What did you do to your Ram today?

6M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  Wile E. Coyote Jr. 
#1 ·
First off, I apologize if there is already a thread for this. I looked and used the search function and did not see one.

I'll start off:

I changed the oil and went to synthetic, changed the transfer case fluid, killed the door chime and sealed the LED 3rd brake light the previous owner neglected to. Last night, I installed my old 12's under the back seat.

Reactions: dbdj28
#4,399 ·
Tomorrow I take the truck in to get re-stitched. The drivers front lower seat cushion had a 3" section that the stitching let go. They aren't going to replace the seat but have someone sent out to remove and re-stitch the cushion under warranty. If I don't like the job I will be asking for a replacement. The service manager was surprised that this is the way that they are going to do it and I am wondering if it will weaken the cushion and cover by being re-stitched.

#4,402 ·
Looks awesome

#4,409 · (Edited)
Today's mod was the install of the Mufflex Drone Suppression Pipe

I suffer from tinnitus -- it blows. It's a constant ringing in the ears and drone makes it worse. I have a Carven muffler, and while it sounds AMAZING, it drones as any straight through minimalist muffler will.

I can take a little, but long hauls and when I'm in cruise control, it sucks.

Except for the pipes being way too tight, install wasnt bad.

I cut out a three inch section of the exhaust pipe forward of the muffler and first exhaust hanger. Just rented a chain cutter from AutoZone. Easy. Done in 3 mins.

I had to use that small three in section to stretch out the opening on the Drone Suppression piping. Couldnt get that sucker on. Finally did though.

I've seen installs where guys put the J-pipe above the exhaust pipe itself, but I decided to loop it below. I just dont like the idea of pipes possibly touching and making that annoying vibrating sound. Started her up and it sounds great. Didnt take away the throatiness or aggressiveness at all. It's toned down a little, but perfect. I didnt have a chance to take it on a long haul, but did get it to WOT and she still sings.

I will grab some photos in the AM when there's light.

The only thing that I need to fix is that I felt a small leak by one of the clamps. I readjusted and tightened, but no joy. I may just try and get some sealer tomorrow.

https://www.mufflex-performance.com/dodge-ram-1500-2009-to-present/97-j-pipe-noise-eliminator.html

Updated - went out and decided to snap pics since I will forget tomorrow!

Ok here are the pics:

Cut pipe

Install

Red circled area is where they say to tuck the j pipe. I didnt like that idea. Rather tight and easily could vibrate on something. I decided to leave it hang down. Its not bad and easier to adjust the j pipe too to fix the drone.

#4,417 ·
More gauges

Here's how it starts: I installed rear airbags on my 2012 Outdoorsman, for hauling my toyhauler. The pump control and gauge for the Firestone bags come in this goofy little bracket that you are supposed to screw under the dash, but there's nowhere under the dash to mount it where you can still see and access it without destroying it and your knee. So I ditched the bracket and found a good place to install the fill/release control in the dash. There it is seen below the turn signal stalk. Looks sort of like it belongs. Now the gauge, I could have bought an A pillar gauge mount for single gauge but I figured at the same time I might as well get a three gauge unit and put in mechanical tranny temperature and coolant temperature gauges. I know there's digital readouts in the EVIC but you have to poke a bunch of buttons this way and that in order to see them individually and I'm old school, I like to just look at a gauge any time I want.
The lowest gauge is the air pressure in the air bags.

These Pricol gauges are a good match to the Ram gauges in the cluster and their backlighting makes them look really pretty at night.

#4,418 ·

Here's how it starts: I installed rear airbags on my 2012 Outdoorsman, for hauling my toyhauler. The pump control and gauge for the Firestone bags come in this goofy little bracket that you are supposed to screw under the dash, but there's nowhere under the dash to mount it where you can still see and access it without destroying it and your knee. So I ditched the bracket and found a good place to install the fill/release control in the dash. There it is seen below the turn signal stalk. Looks sort of like it belongs. Now the gauge, I could have bought an A pillar gauge mount for single gauge but I figured at the same time I might as well get a three gauge unit and put in mechanical tranny temperature and coolant temperature gauges. I know there's digital readouts in the EVIC but you have to poke a bunch of buttons this way and that in order to see them individually and I'm old school, I like to just look at a gauge any time I want.
The lowest gauge is the air pressure in the air bags.

These Pricol gauges are a good match to the Ram gauges in the cluster and their backlighting makes them look really pretty at night.
That looks GREAT!!

#4,422 ·
I changed the transfer case fluid with full synthetic ATF+4, then changed the rear Diff oil with full synthetic 75-140. My ram has 141k miles. According to Carfax, fluids were changed at 75 k miles. I had the trans flushed, new filters and full synthetic fluid put in last month. When I get my new radiator hoses from RockAuto, I'll change the coolant too. Hopefully when I drive to my moms in a couple months, a 2,400 mile round trip, I won't have any issues. I'll change the engine oil/filter (synthetic, of course!) before I leave.

#4,433 ·
Just saying hello to everyone.. I am new to the forum and glad to be part.. I've used the topics and threads to do much of my own work and it has been a great help... Just lowered my newest ram last weekend .
Welcome to the forum. Truck looks awesome.

#4,430 ·
I am stripping my '09 HEMI of aftermarket parts
Most are going onto the 2016 eco-diesel

I need to clean up the '09 a little & post it for sale, i'm going to miss it
Need to get rid of the chrome parts off the 2016 too

off topic:

Then i have to sell my Harley Trike, i hate the Helmet Law & corrosion causing Ethanol, i can't work on the Trike anymore, you have to be able to see the bolts to turn them. I need eye surgery fairly soon :(

#4,434 ·
I did a complete detail on my Laramie including a good coat of wax. Winter coming.

#4,435 ·
I just washed and vacuumed mine. Been neglecting washing her for a bit. Got to get it cleaned up and ready for the new exhaust and intake!