DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fuel Delevery/Vapor Lock after driving then restarting?

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jhale456 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, seems like the phantom problem is back,
Ive been having a problem after Ive driven my truck and then going back after minimum of an hour an starting my truck it catches and spins up to about 450-500 rpms and stalls. I can get it started by either holding the gas pedal about half way or key on, key off letting the fuel pump prime 2-3 times and it will start. (Morning starts are perfect).
Here are the things Ive done/fixed:
Replace all Injectors plus cleaned fuel rails before replacing injectors
Replace all coil packs
Fixed Fuel Filler Hose
Fixed small tube that connects to fuel neck and the part is connects to.
Replaced timing chain with kit(tensioners maxed out)
Replaced fuel pump(replaced with OEM from Dodge)
Replaced CAT(Bank 2 clogged)
Replaced EGR(was really clogged up)
Clean TB(Cleaned with Non-lint Towel with brake cleaner)
Replaced all plug wires (Mopar Wires)
Replaced all plugs (OEM Plugs & gapped to specs)
Fuel PSI is at 55-56psi Key On Engine off
Fuel PSI is at 59-60psi Key On Engine On
Live Data from Dealership showed everything in spec nothing wrong
I was personally present viewing live data. (Dodge Tech said could find nothing wrong, but did see the hard start, but couldnt pin point it.)
I am hoping either you dodge hemi guru's have came across this issue and found the fix for it. Or a member has figured out a fix for the issue I am having. Is it possible that this is a vapor lock issue when engine is in heatsoak?
last things I can think of replacing is the charcoal canister and its purge valve solenoid, however no codes are presents by dash CEL or Dealership.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.