DODGE RAM FORUM banner

05 Daytona Front Bumper Pad Replacement

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  myhemirawrs 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have searched and searched just about every relative keyword/description I can think of and can't find anything....

It looks straight forward but I was wondering if someone could shine some light on how to replace the front bumper step pad on my 05 Daytona. It is sun faded and that trim restoration stuff only works for a few days before fading again.

I was thinking either painting it with Gray bumper coating which I have found matches just about any OEM gray trim or replacing it since it is a relatively cheap item.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
No problem, the guy I bought my tow mirrors from told me about it (Mother's back-to-black) when I asked him how he kept them looking that good. So I tried it and I swear by it. Removing that pad and giving it a good couple of soaked in coats REALLY made a difference. Almost looked new.

#6 ·
Thanks again for the install tips, it went great and looks much better. The old pad didn't look bad when restored but quickly went back to sun burnt whiteish gray.

I attempted to remove the lower front bumper cubby thing with the 4 plastic screws with Plastidipping intentions but the stupid screws just turn and turn.

I have a feeling I'm going to be dremelling the heads off or grabbing the back of the screw with needle nose pliers and breaking the reverse side of the clips.....haven't figured out which way I want to go.....

For now I found out my local dealer sells replacement screw clips for that, either way I'm going to have to destroy them. lol

I'd just like to Plastidip that bottom plastic piece and my hood scoop insert and then we'll top it off with upper and lower billet grills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.