DODGE RAM FORUM banner

First Time Truck Owner - MODS

972 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  landozer18 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just bought my first pickup truck and I love it! Was looking around at getting some minor exterior mods and wanted your opinions... look for:

1) Wheel Flare (Mopar OEM) $300
2) Slush floor mats Mopar $57
3) 1500 Side Steps, Tubular (part: 82213271) $453
4) Chrome Mirror covers $64

Don't know where to shop online but i came across http://moparonlineparts.com

What do you guys think? :wavey:

#2 ·
For fender flares I'd recommend getting the OEM 2500 flares rather than the 1500 flares. They look a lot better IMO (don't come down so far in the front).

The Mopar slush floor mats are awesome! Love mine.

I'm personally not a huge fan of side steps or chrome mirror covers but it's your truck, do whatever you like.

Mopar Online Parts is definitely a good website. They have a vendor section on this forum. Contact Benny through that section for some better forum pricing on the parts you want.

Discount Auto Performance is another great vendor to talk to. They have great pricing on pretty much every aftermarket part you would want for your truck. On the forums their usernames are jhinkle1989@discountautoperformance (Jeremiah) and fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Andrew). If you need to contact either of them add a ".com" to the end of those usernames to email them. You don't have enough posts to PM them yet.

#4 ·
The projector headlights are definitely do-able. But fairly expensive. The OEM ones from Mopar are around $530 a piece a believe. I'm not sure what kind of wiring you would have to do either. I know fitting the projector headlights into a 2012 or older requires making up your own pigtail harness. I'd assume the quad lights in the 2013's have the same harness and therefore would require the same pigtail harness fabrication.

As far as the air suspension goes I'm not 100% sure if it's possible but I guarantee that it's super expensive if it is. Personally I'm not a huge fan of it either. I'd rather be able to level/lift my truck than have air suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.