DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help! Help! Best CAI on a budget

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  cabnfevr 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 big horn, just bought the predator programer, just wondering if I could get away with a CAI cheapo from ebay. Your help would be great. I do plan on doing the exhaust from cats back also.

#2 ·
I had a eBay $60 cheap-o on my '06 and got continuous codes - replaced it with a K&N and the codes stopped. If you can't afford a good one just buy a drop in filter until you can do it right.

Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about dropping by the Newbie Checkin and introducing yourself and posting a few photos of your truck?:Hey:

#5 ·
Whe you say you kept getting codes, do you mean your Check engine light kept coming on??

And IMO make your own! Cheap cheap cheap and performs well!!!

#7 ·
Agree spectre is awesome! Lots of guys will argue Its the same as k&n

#9 ·
#10 ·
how much you willing to spend on a cai...I'm really thinking of selling the vararam I have here just sitting...I originally bought it to switch back and forth with the BFI i have but I love the BFI too much to swap back and forth... I wanted to test it at the track to see if one is obviously better then the other... but I don't know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.