DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Photos of your dropped Ram

96K views 206 replies 104 participants last post by  fireproof69 
#1 ·
thinking of dropping rear end 2' lets see your pics guys!:wow:

#62 ·
Damn these trucks look fantastic lowered! Im curious if anyone has done any additional spring cutting to get thier stance? Some of the trucks look a bit lower than others, so I was wondering if anyone within this thread did some cutting to get a little more drop?

#64 ·
Im aware of the limits, I was just wondering if anyone has down some cutting to get an additional 1/2" to 1"? I know its possible, Im just wanting to know if anyone here that posted pics has done this since some trucks look a little lower than others even though almost all of the kits have been 2/4 drops...

#65 ·
You're also seeing differences in wheel/tire size making fender gaps look bigger of smaller. I'm sure some shots are right after install and others after the springs have settled. Also Belltech 2/4 kits seem to give more of a drop than both of the 2/4 McGaughy's kits. This accounts for some of the differences you're seeing.

#74 ·
Hey guys, I would love to do a 2/4 drop. But am not sure how the ride is affected. I don't want it to stiffen up or ride harsher. Any comments would be appreciated.

#75 ·
THanks for all the comments, appreciate it. :smiley_thumbs_up:

With this kit, the ride really wasn't affected much, keeping the stock front springs and all stock shocks. I can tell the center of gravity is lower, feels like it has less body roll when cornering. The rear is a little stiffer, but not much. I have about 9psi in the airlift bags, so I'm going to drop that to 5 psi and see if that softens it up a bit.

#76 ·
Thanks for the come back Chrisb. You mention air bags, are they necessary?

#77 ·
No, the air bags are something I added so I could add extra support to the rear suspension just in case I haul something to prevent bottoming out.

#78 · (Edited)
Thanks again Chris. Can you give me an idea how much $$$ to do this. Also I see Deluxe in the description are there other choices and what are the differences? Went to their site and answered the description question.
Thanks
Joe

#79 ·
In all, for the drop kit, adjustable panhard bar, and airlift bags, I'm in for right at $800. Did all the work myself, so no labor cost involved.
The AirLift 1000's were the cheapest part, less than $95 for the kit from Autoanything.com. Moe's also has them.
You say you went to the McG site, so you found the difference between the deluxe and economy kits. From what I have found, both are good kits, and many on the forums are running the BellTech kits with good results. I just prefer using the drop spindles, it keeps all the geometry in the front close to stock. Down side is it moves the front wheels out about 1/2 inch.

#86 ·
Beautiful guitar! Im not an active pup fan myself either. My buddy has a set of EMG 85/81's in his Jackson and while they have some decent dynamics I dont think they have the grit and growl my D activators have. Last year I through them in my RG4EX2 and I re-fell in love it.

#87 ·
I love Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and my new favorite neck is the Dimarzio 36th annv PAF.... Very nice combo and versatile from metal to country. I agree with you the EMG's lack Grit... But the 81/60 is are better together than the 81/85. My strat I've got fender noiseless and a hotrails in the bridge and I've wired tone control for the bridge and I've done the Gilmour mod it sounds amazing!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.