DODGE RAM FORUM banner

5 speed transmission

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  streetHEMI 
#1 ·
Hi, i have a good deal for a 2011 low mileage Laramie, didnt want to buy that old but the deal is good. I was wondering about the 5 speed auto, is it that bad, i see there is alson no Bluetooth that year, what do you guys think

#6 ·
If you are not planning on gong fast then the 5-speed is fine, if you want to beef up the engine and make a fun drag truck then the 5-speed is not for you. The '11 does have radio options for bluetooth so if you have a base radio without the uConnect module then you can upgrade the radio to get it.

#8 ·
As for the 5 speed, it gets the job done. What I don't like is how it bogs in top gear at say 55 mph up a hill. I know they want to get maximum dam MPG at all times, but I just wish it would down shift instead of trying to pull up hill at 1,500 RPMs. I have the console shift, so luckily I can easily knock her down a gear to two.

I love how you can keep the 'manual' shift in say 3rd gear while city driving without having to manually shift up and down. #HEMIsRock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.