DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Belltech Street Performance or Monroe Reflex for shackled 3rd gen??

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Redhemi03 
#1 ·
Thinking it's about time to put some new shocks on the rear of my 04. The rear is lowered about 1.5" with Mcgaughy's shackles. I haven't had any issues but thought since I am replacing them anyway it might be good to look for a slightly shorter shock. I think I have narrowed it down to these. Thoughts and opinions?

Belltech Street Performance #2215FF, for trucks stock to 2" lowered. According to the measurements it appears to be about 1" shorter than stock. Cost for the two rears will be about $125.

Monroe Reflex, same length as OEM. Cost for the two will be about $85.

FYI, I'm not looking for a race car. Other than the shackles the suspension is stock. I want something that rides good but maybe a little stiffer than the 75K mile OEM shocks which seem to be a little bouncy. I hear good things about the BT SP but I am leaning towards the Reflex because from what I have read, they should firm up the ride a bit from stock just like the BT would and they are $50 cheaper for the pair. Does anyone else see the actual need for the 1" shorter shock on my ~1.5" drop? Thanks!

#2 ·
I've got the belltech street performance on mine with drop shackles and it drives great, they are a little more stiff and real responsive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.