DODGE RAM FORUM banner

stopped by the dealer.....

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Ram725 
#1 ·
he told me the 392 will be out in an SRT8 RAM, and the SRT10 will be back. not sure if anyone has heard but i jut found it out yesterday

#2 ·
I work in the dealer and haven't heard a word... Honestly sometimes dealers are the last to hear about these things compared to autoblog or automotivenews. I'd trust those sources more than a dealer.

However, I will look into it.

#3 ·
I also work in sales and I am an enthusiast for new product... No word here.

It sounds like you found a salesman who wants to feel important. I bet if you go back there in a year he doesn't work there any more.

Chrysler isn't producing the srt4 Dart due to many reasons, and there are a lot more buyers for that car, than there are Ram SRT buyers. I wouldn't expect to see one at all in this generation of truck.

#5 ·
Agreed, I am the same way. Sales manager and car enthusiast. I follow all the articles and usually know what is coming out before Chrysler tells us. Now of course a product reveal like we had for the Dart is a way Chrysler lets us know before anyone else. But I have heard nothing about an SRT Ram. Chrysler separated SRT into its own brand to re-build the brand image of SRT. The 392 Ram has been in the talks since 2009, but so far nothing more than talks. The R/T Ram actually surprised me. but I dont see them flying off lots, at least not here, enough to justify dropping a 392 into a truck and charging 40-50 plus for a reg cab.

hmmm. let me know if you find anything out
I sure will.

#8 ·
All I have found on this is the Urban Ram Concept. Some articles say it is being offered in 2014 and some say its not.

The thing about concepts is, they usually never come out, and those that do come out usually come with 1/2 of what the concept showed.

Wikipedia:
2014 Ram 1500 Urban Concept
The 2014 Ram 1500 will be available with a 6.4L Hemi V8 sporting 470 horsepower and 470 ft-lb of torque. The engine comes from the Dodge Challenger SRT8 which is paired with a 5-speed automatic W5A580 transmission or a 6-speed manual Tremec TR6060 transmission. Thus far unconfirmed which will be available on the 2014 Ram model. No word on if this engine will be available on either the 2500 or 3500.

The problem with this article is ITS SOURCE of information does not say anything about it being an option or a guarantee. Just that it is a concept. There is nothing about it hitting dealer lots.

Here is what wikipedia's source that it cited for the information said:
The existing 5.7-liter HEMI in the RAM 1500 puts out 395 hp and 407 lb-ft of torque, but Mopar has decided to kick it up with the Urban RAM concept that will debut at the 2012 SEMA show, sporting a 6.4-liter HEMI sourced from the Challenger SRT8 that makes 470 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque.

Adding to the power of the big HEMI engine, Mopar has thrown on new headers, a cold air intake, and a performance exhaust system complete with twin chrome tips. To make sure the truck can perform, a sports performance kit has been added along with SRT rotors and brake calipers.

For looks, a performance hood complete with double intakes is tacked on, along with a body kit that gives the truck a lower stance. The Urban RAM sits on 22-inch wheels painted hyperblack, while the truck itself is finished in a dark blue hue complete with a single off-center racing stripe.

I think its just a concept and that is all it is. If it comes out cool, i wont order any, but it'd be cool seeing a member with one. Just don't get your hopes up.

#10 ·
no hopes up here LOL i just want a new one with a 6.4 bed and 8 speed tranny. thought id be cool to see one though and maybe if the price was right id get one

not sure, he just said they would be out. he has one 8 speed on the lot and thats it. he said pre orders would be around Aug. for the 14's and on the lot by Oct

#12 ·
SRT8 RAM wont happen, not with a 392 anyway and most likely not with anything. The 392's days are winding down. Look out for the 2015 Challanger.

I know some people who work pretty high up in chrysler and in some pretty cool areas of chrysler. A SRT 8 RAM is nowhere in the making for anytime soon. Which is great news for me, I like having the fastest RAM they make lol.

#13 ·
SRT8 RAM wont happen, not with a 392 anyway and most likely not with anything. The 392's days are winding down. Look out for the 2015 Challanger.

I know some people who work pretty high up in chrysler and in some pretty cool areas of chrysler. A SRT 8 RAM is nowhere in the making for anytime soon. Which is great news for me, I like having the fastest RAM they make lol.
Hahahaha :smiley_thumbs_up: good point

#15 ·
I call B-S on the SRT-10 Ram (the salesman not the OP). In today's market, people want MPG and comfort without hindering capabilities. The SRT-10 just doesnt have the market, especially since SRT has brought back the Viper. Who will really buy an SRT-10 Ram when a viper is just a better purchase (most people who bought the SRT-10 Ram prob never used it like a truck anyways). The 1500 diesel is a smart ideal, the 392 Hemi is a great idea idea but a SRT10 Ram would be stupid in this market.

#16 ·
looks like the dealer was right

After months of speculation and rumors, the Chrysler Group has announced that the 6.4L Hemi V8 from the Street and Racing Technology lineup will be available in the 2014 Ram Heavy Duty lineup. The 392 cubic inch Hemi coming to the Ram 2500, 3500 and Chassis Cab trucks has been built and tuned specifically for hard core truck use so it is not exactly the “same” engine from the Charger, Challenger, 300 and Grand Cherokee SRT8 models – with unique components designed to help handle the rigors of truck life as well as the specific power outputs.
Where the 392 Hemi from the SRT lineup offers 470 horsepower and 470lb-ft of torque, the new Ram HD 6.4L V8 makes 410 horsepower at 5,600rpm and 429lb-ft of torque at 4,000rpm. I would also guess that the Ram HD version of the 392 Hemi has a flatter torque curve for improved performance when towing or hauling.
While this most certainly isn’t the “392 Hemi Ram” news that most Mopar lovers were hoping for, this new mill affords the Ram Brand the bragging rights of offering the most powerful gasoline engine in the heavy duty truck segment. The most powerful gasoline option from Ford is the 6.2L V8 with 385hp and 405lb-ft of torque while the best gas engine that GM has to offer packs 360hp and 380lb-ft of torque.

More importantly, the new 6.4L Hemi offers Ram HD buyers an engine option with slightly more power and improved towing/hauling performance than the standard 5.7L Hemi. Previously, Ram HD buyers who wanted more power and capabilities than what was offered by the 5.7L Hemi had to step up to the 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. That engine is substantially more capable in terms of both towing and hauling but it is also an engine option that adds almost $8,000 to the sticker price. In the case of those buyers who need more than what is offered by the 5.7L Hemi but they do not need the class leading capabilities of the Cummins – the new 6.4L Hemi serves as a great option with a price of just $1,495 compared to similarly equipped Rams with the 5.7L Hemi. Also, the 6.4L Hemi will be offered with the Ram 3500 dual rear wheel models whereas the 2013 3500 DRW package is available only with the costly Cummins diesel engine. This means that the 2014 Ram 3500 DRW trucks could be somewhere in the area of $6,000 less than 2013 models.
In addition to the new 6.4L Hemi V8, the 2014 Ram HD lineup will continue on with the standard 5.7L Hemi with 383 horsepower and 400lb-ft of torque as well as three variants of the 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel. The first diesel option is a 350 horsepower and 660lb-ft of torque package that comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission while that same engine fitted to an automatic transmission offers 370 horsepower and 800lb-ft of torque. There is also the Cummins Turbo Diesel High Output package that packs a whopping 385 horsepower and 850lb-ft of torque, exclusively with an automatic transmission. This is the drivetrain that allows the 2013 Ram 3500 to tow 30,000 pounds.
The first examples of the 2014 Ram HD with the 6.4L Hemi V8 will roll off of the assembly line in the third quarter with the first trucks hitting showrooms before the end of 2013.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.