DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2007 Ram 1500 5 Speed Auto Transmission

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Landngroove 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2007 Ram 1500, 4X4, with a 5.7 Hemi, with the multi speed overdrive tansmission. (5 speed) I want to change the transmission filter, and oil on this. I have a Haynes repair manual for Dodge pick ups, 2002-2008, but this transmission is not mentioned anywhere in the transmission section. The book says models from these years used 4 speed automatics, no mention of the 5 speed automatic. They only give information on the 4 speed automatics which were used. My question is, is there any special procedure for changing the filter on the 5 speed, and what about band adjustment while I have the pan off? Also what transmission code # is this transmission? Thanks for any info on this.

#2 ·
You have the 545RE wich is esentially the same as the older 45RFE mentioned in your book. Make sure you get both filters (pickup and return). The return filter looks like a spin-on oil filter and you need to prime this filter before installing it. There are no bands to adjust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.