DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fuel Hostage 20 X 9" vs 10"

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  mikeovon 
#1 ·
Got some great info from this site on tires recently. I am upgrading to 35s on my truck. The problem now is the wheel size. How much different in terms of width will a tire look on a 9" vs 10" wheel? eg 35-12.50-20. anyone have any pictures? Here is a picture of my 2006 Ram. 3in body lift and level kit with stock tires and wheels if someone would be interested in seeing what this combo looks like..

#4 ·
This is a question I've really been going back and forth on too... along with what offset I want.

Personally I think I'm going to go with a 10" because I like the look of a deeper wheel. Plus a 10" wide rim with a -24 offset will look proportional with the bushwacker pocket flares I plan to put on and a 6" lift.... so I'd say it sort of depends on what your plans are with the truck as far as other accessories go and the look you're after.

I'll be interested to see what other people have to say though.

#7 ·
Possibly because of the slight sidewall bulge of the wider rim but it will barely, if at all, be noticeable to the naked eye.

12.5" is 12.5" whichever angle you view it from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.