DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Blend door motor won't stop going

17K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BLENDDOORUSA 
#1 ·
I was told that the plastic coupling that connects the blend door and the motor may be broken, since I have no regulation of my hot and cold. Followed the direction to take it off, and sure enough the little plastic coupling is broken. Bought a new one at the dealer for the out rageous price of $15.00. Now for the weird part. I try and install it, and in trying to align it up, I started my truck, had the temp dial set to full hot. The motor keeps turning and turning. Mine has three electrical connection points in the plug. Was told, when the motor sences the "spike" as the door is fully in one direction, the motor is suppose to stop. I tried stopping it with my fingers and even a pair of pliers. It's still runs. I think this is what broke the plastic couplingin the first place. I don't really want to install it and see it happen again, and have to spend another $15.00 on a new one. What else could be wrong, in why the motor won't stop?

#4 ·
mroe1, you could help us to help you, if you would please fill out the USER CP up at the top of the page.
We just need the pertinent information like the vehicle information
Year, Model, Engine

If your vehicle is a dodge ram, between 2002 - 08 , you can watch these 3 videos, it pretty well covers the heating & a/c system in those years Rams
http://www.heatertreater.net/Dodge Ram Video.html

#8 ·
Well I took the chance and put the plastic coulpler in, re-installed the motor and started the Truck, It seems to work fine. I guess it does sence the door stopping and stops the motor. At least it hasn't broke the new coulpling. Thanks to all for teh advise

#9 ·
Blend Door USA has come up with a way to replace the broken plastic doors in the Dodge Ram gen heater boxes. We have re-designed the doors out of aluminum. Then we seal them with a polyether based foam that will not break down like the polyester based on the old plastic doors. We have been selling these doors since 2009, and have had ZERO failures. These doors are made to be installed as an OEM fit. www.blendoorusa.com

This is a complete kit to repair your 1994-2002 Ram truck. This kit includes new solid aluminum HVAC doors to replace the Recirculation Door, Panel Door, Defrost/Floor Door and a bracket to repair your original metal Blend Door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.