DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#671 ·
OK I've read the guide to tires and wheels and think I'll be ok with my choices but I want some advice before I pull the trigger. I have a 2011 1500 with the HBS 2.5" spacers installed. What I'm looking at is a 17x8.5 wheel with -6 offset on GoodYear DuraTrac 315/70-17. Can I expect any rubbing? Or should I re-evaluate any of this?

Thanks.

#676 ·
Any one running a 4" lift with stock wheels or an after market wheel with stock backspacing on a 4th gen? I want to put a 4" lift on my truck but I want to run 285/75/18 tires and don't want to stick out too far past the oem fender flares. I want to run the fuel trophy's in 18x9 but they only come in a 5.75"(stock) backspacing in that size. I know I'd be ok with a level and body lift but i really want to do it right with a 4" lift. Going to an 18x10 would give me better backspacing options but then I would have to bump up to a wider tire and I want to avoid that. Any experience or advice on this would be much apreciated.

#679 · (Edited)
Thanks!! And nope, I didn't notice any rub and that one picture my rear is actually just slightly off the ground. I could move the tire by hand a little. This is the best I got for a front shot....

http://[URL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Rammit24/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsaac40ae4.jpg.html]
[/URL]
Also, keep in mind I have the quarter inch spacers all the way around to clear the wheel weights on my rims. They were hitting the tie rod end and making a clicking noise that was incredibly loud.

#683 ·
Thanks for the response guys!

One more question for ya Dodgey if you don't mind. The fuel trophy's have a hub bore of 108 correct? I thought I read some where that the stock wheels have a bore of 77.8. Do the trophy's come with a hub-centric ring to deal with the difference or are the wheels lug-centric? Thanks again for all the info.

#684 ·
Hey no problem, ask as many questions as necessary. I don't mind at all. However, this question I have no idea on and can't help you. Haha. Someone else will have to chime in. All I know is that they definitely fit without issue onto the rotor (sits flush) and lugs. Sorry I couldn't help here.

#694 ·
Help selecting Rims and tires

So I have 2010 dodge ram 1500 TRX extended cab rear wheel drive. I am looking to buy rims and mud tires. The rims that I want are the Moto Metal 962 series Black (size is 20x9 5/139.7) I want some agressive mud tires to go with them but have no idea how to match up the rims with the tires. I am not apposed to lifting the truck a couple of inches ( nothing to high but an inch or two is OK if need be) can anyone please help me understand exactly what i need to do. it appears that the rims that i want only fit my truck in that size and i need to know what size tires i can add that will make the truck look aggressive without having to lift it 6 inches. any help is appreciated.

#695 ·
So I have 2010 dodge ram 1500 TRX extended cab rear wheel drive. I am looking to buy rims and mud tires. The rims that I want are the Moto Metal 962 series Black (size is 20x9 5/139.7) I want some agressive mud tires to go with them but have no idea how to match up the rims with the tires. I am not apposed to lifting the truck a couple of inches ( nothing to high but an inch or two is OK if need be) can anyone please help me understand exactly what i need to do. it appears that the rims that i want only fit my truck in that size and i need to know what size tires i can add that will make the truck look aggressive without having to lift it 6 inches. any help is appreciated.
Your best option is going to be a leveling kit and 35's. As far as wheel and tire sizing goes check out the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature. For leveling you'll need to take a bit of a different approach since you have a 2wd truck. Check out this thread for some ideas - Leveled and Lifted 2wd Ram - Information and Picture Thread

#697 ·
Hey guys, I have a little older truck than most of these that I've seen here, but i couldn't find anything saying it was for only newer trucks, so, here goes! =D

I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500, Quad Cab 4WD, right now it is sitting on 33" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's with Kevlar with a 3" Performance accessories body lift on it now, and it fits the tires with stock rims just fine. I was thinking about... (well, I have bought everything I need, so probably a little more than thinking) trying to level it as well. I am of course trying to do this myself, so, it's not a money issue, really. I was just wondering what you guys thought about whether it's a good idea to level it, and if it will even look that good with the set-up. Looking to put a higher lift on it once I get out of the army, so just looking for something that will look great now, and that will get it ready for heading back to the mudholes, and trails back home. also deciding to go for the shock extenders, and roll with the foxx performance shocks set for stock level. any-one had problems running that? or should I keep looking for shocks that are set for the length of the level? it's hard enough to find decent shocks for this truck... Well, any suggestions, or comments are greatly appreciated!=D Here she is, the blue beast.
[/URL][/IMG]

[URL=http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/farleyrf/media/Truck4_zpsa73cd7b9.jpg.html]

[IMG]http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/farleyrf/Truck4_zpsa73cd7b9.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

James:LOL:

#699 ·
Now I have a laptop again I can actually post pics. Maxtrac 4.5" front with 3" springs out back. Smitty M1 pocket flares because to was to hard to keep clean without any. Ballistic Razorback wheels and 35" Federal's.

#703 ·
How are those tires? also do you know how heavy they are by any chance? Nice looking truck.

#709 ·
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Express Regular Cab 2WD-10" LIFT- 37x12.50R20 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3, 4.5" Maxtrac Lift Spindles & 2.5" Front Spacer, 5" Pro Comp Rear Lift, 3" Body Lift, 20x9 Black Lonestar Ambush Wheels, Bullydog Tuner, FM Super 44 No Resonators, PX8 Retro'd Headlights, Tinted Fog Lights, PX8 Emblems and 2500 Flares, Interior/Exterior LEDs, Recon Smoked Tails & 3rd, Gloss Black Tips.

Attachments

#715 ·
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD
6" Pro Comp lift ( I want to add a inch or so lift to it )
18x8.5 Ultra Wheels 175 Rogue +12 OS
38x15.50 Toyo Open Country M/T
Only rubs on sharp turns, and reverse.

Attachments

#718 ·
Finally finished 'er up.

6in Zone Lift
20x10 -24 Moto Metal 970
35x12.5 Toyo Open Country M/T

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.