DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do you think about this combo?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Wes1500 
#1 ·
General Grabber with the raised red lettering, 35 12.50 17
http://www.tiresdirect.net/GENERAL_Grabber_35X12_50R17_12_P5929C940.cfm
Ultra Baron Wheels 17x9 +20 offset
http://www.hubcap-tire-wheel.com/Ul...oss-Black-Diamond-Cut-Custom-Wheels-Rims.html
I have a 2007 Ram 1500 4x4. I was looking at this leveling kit.
http://www.hellbentsteel.com/produc...-dodge-ram-1500-4x4-4wd-2-5-leveling-kit.html

Will this fit or am I going to run into problems. I'm already noticing a vibration under hard acceleration in 4wd hi. That could be because of worn tires and it needs an alignment though, loll. Any help would be appreciated.

#4 · (Edited)
A leveling kit will increase your vibrations a bit because of the angle of the CVs. But daily driving on my 35x12.50R18s with a ReadyLift 2.5" leveling kit and I don't have any problems whatsoever. I say go for it! Just make sure you have a negative offset. I have 4.5" backspace and -12mm offset and they just fit.

#8 · (Edited)
A leveling kit will increase your vibrations a bit because of the angle of the CVs. But daily driving on my 35x12.50R18s with a ReadyLift 2.5" leveling kit and I don't have any problems whatsoever. I say go for it! Just make sure you have a negative offset. I have 4.5" backspace and -12mm offset and they just fit.
That looks sweet. I love the look, especially for the price. The problem is the wheels are definitely +20 offset. I can't pass up this deal, its too cheap. I have to figure out a way to make them work. Spacers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-DODGE-RAM...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cc1d0876

Definitely like that combo. I love those tires with the red letters. I wish they made them bigger then 35" so I could have had a set on my truck as well. Those rims look really good as well. Have you considered the Bilstein 5100 leveling kit? I ask because it will also make the ride a little better as well. So you kill 2 birds with one stone really, level and new shocks. Only problem with the 07 Ram is that you will probably have a vibration in 4x4 due to the leveling kit. So with upgrding to the 5100s they will help deal with the vibration. I had a spacer leveling kit then changed to the Bilsteins and the vibration was a bit better. I also lifted the rear of the truck with a set of blocks, so the front was a little higher then the 2" level.

The comment above bout the tires vibrating...wouldnt that be a balancing issue? Those tires are really well made and have a lot of hype behind them. They are supposed to be a really good tire. I never experienced them, I am just going off of what I have heard. I just never really heard that a tire caused a vibration, usually it is something else
I have looked at the bilsteins but wasn't sure if it was worth the money compared to just getting spacers. Whats the cheapest place to pick up a set with some 1.5" blocks and u bolts?

#5 ·
my good friend ran the generals on his 150 and said the tires had a shake from 45-55 and then again at higher speeds. i was looking at them for the dodge but when he told me that i changed my mind.. he owns a tire shop so i listen to him when he tells me about tires..so ended up with terra grapplers, and couldnt be happier

#6 · (Edited)
Definitely like that combo. I love those tires with the red letters. I wish they made them bigger then 35" so I could have had a set on my truck as well. Those rims look really good as well. Have you considered the Bilstein 5100 leveling kit? I ask because it will also make the ride a little better as well. So you kill 2 birds with one stone really, level and new shocks. Only problem with the 07 Ram is that you will probably have a vibration in 4x4 due to the leveling kit. So with upgrding to the 5100s they will help deal with the vibration. I had a spacer leveling kit then changed to the Bilsteins and the vibration was a bit better. I also lifted the rear of the truck with a set of blocks, so the front was a little higher then the 2" level.

The comment above bout the tires vibrating...wouldnt that be a balancing issue? Those tires are really well made and have a lot of hype behind them. They are supposed to be a really good tire. I never experienced them, I am just going off of what I have heard. I just never really heard that a tire caused a vibration, usually it is something else

#7 ·
i asked him if it was balance issue and he said no. he runs equal in all the tires he mounts.. i have that in my trail grapplers..run some super swamper tires if you want to feel a vibration/shimmy..i have ran LTB's,thornbirds, and SX's and they are pretty rough..but their radial tires are nice

#9 ·
The tires you selected look great (definitely different) but they do "hum" pretty well. They also do great in a "baja" setting but not in thick sloppy mud like I'd imagine you'd run into in KY. I know they get plugged up very quickly here in AL in the clay, but if you're in mostly silt and "runnier" mud you should be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.