DODGE RAM FORUM banner

what to choose?

5K views 55 replies 6 participants last post by  02 Ram 
#1 ·
this is my first V8 so not really sure what to get. i have the 4.7L and the exhaust is rotting out and one of the tips fell off before i bought the truck. im looking for a loud and mean exhaust tone. not sure i want a muffler on it but theres a few vids ive seen and they didnt sound too good IMO with no muffler. i want it to sound deep and throaty. TIA!!

#29 ·
That's cheap! Looks good and with your engine, you should be setting off alarms really soon!!! LOL... I love the Flowmasters. I had it on my 95 Camaro Z28 and it made the car sound like our trucks!!! I say go for it. You won't regret it...:smileup::smileup::smileup:

#31 ·
They have a phone number on there. You should call them and see if you can get some info first. Find out more about it. I called an ebayer once and even was able to work out better deals than advertized on ebay... I have saved over $200 on stuff for my truck just by calling and email. People are willing to work with you if you show immediate interest. It has worked well for me and will for you I am willing to bet!!! Call them see what they say... Let us know.

#36 ·
Yah, well maybe that is a sign to STAY AWAY!!!! If they post a number but don't answer, then it doesn't sound legit to me.. But keep trying my friend, only keep in mind that if they are not answering phones now, what happens money has been exchanged? Not trying to tell ya what to do but maybe there is a reason they are so cheap... Keep us posted on this thread.

#37 ·
yeah, luckily ill be paying with paypal. maybe they are just busy? i read through their feedback. some not so happy customers but only one on that exhaust setup. this is why i was leery in the first place. way too cheap, though the muffler is the only thing thats expensive since its a flowmaster

#38 ·
well, they dont carry straight 2.5 exhaust. he finally got back with me after 2 phone calls and 3 emails, last one saying ill look elsewhere if i dont hear back. ive decided to go with headers and an X or Y pipe back setup so im holding off til i can afford it

#39 ·
WOW... Yah I'd stay away. But to each his own. I have followed you this far so you might as well start a build thread once you get some stuff done. Let me know when you do start a build thread. I'd love to do the headers, fastflowing cat's, and y-pipe swap as well but I can't afford it YET... I am about to start Automotive school here next month which lasts a year so I should be getting some extra money during that time. I'll be adding stuff then as well. Anyway, good luck with that and let me know when you do it.

#40 ·
thanks! ill def. start a thread when the time comes. for now ill be doin a CAI whenever S&B releases it and a tuner, then ill be saving up for the headers back exhaust system. i wont be dealing with him or the exhaust systems they sell. not sure what headers to go with yet either but i have time while i save up LOL im thinking about doin a side exit out the front of the rear tires so i know ill have to get a mandrel universal kit matted up with high flow CATS and probably flowmaster mufflers. amazon had a 2.5" set for 215 bucks

#41 ·
That's what I got, but mine is a gibson super truck exhaust. It comes out just b4 the right rear tire. It is plenty loud and it installed in from start to finish in less than an hour. A friend did it for me who is a mechanic. It probably wouldn't have taken me that much longer tho. Anyway, you can see it in my youtube video of me driving at night. Link to my playlist is in my signature if you wanna check it out. I haven't got a camera anymore or I would upload more videos of it now. I just added all my led lights (reverse, outside cargo/third break, inside front two dome lights which are in the video as well, & tag lights). I have a few things I will be doing to the truck really soon but I don't wanna spoil it... It all has to do with lighting!!! Anyway I look forward to the build thread.:smileup:

#42 ·
sounds good. was it clamp on or weld?? i dont want to weld anything on, mainly cause no welder LOL i want to swap in a hemi but seems like a PITA but i wanna be sure on what im doing before i spend cash, though thats gonna cost a lot so i might as well stick with the 4.7

#43 ·
NO WELDING REQUIRED!!!:smileup: Easy job. I got the exhaust b/c it is built specifically for the HEMI but works for any application as well. I wanted the loudest exhaust on the market and heard this was it, but it is not the loudest. I'm not sure what kind of sound you are looking for but it is plenty loud, has a good race quality sound to it. Not sure how to describe it. It is the loudest WOT I've ever heard and even at half throttle it is pretty boss!!! I have a post somewhere about where I got mine and the coupon code if you wanna get one, I found it to be the cheapest. The video doesn't even compare to real life, but you will get the idea it doesn't sound like those annoying trucks. Sounds good with quality. Anyway, let me know what you do go with.

#47 ·
Not a problem! Yah, I think it is slightly louder. The camera I used is not that great and doesn't work right. There is also something wrong with the microphone as you can hear it in this video. My friend rode in it with me and he said it was VERY loud but had a great sound. My uncle say's it has a very good quality sound to it, and he is all about "quality" parts, cars, etc... So, I think it has the best of both worlds personally. Here is the vid of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mgj-7IcSoQ

#50 ·
i seen the vid, seen the one with you singing in the truck too, i LOL'd

louder is better, least to me it is. i dont run a muffler on my IROC and its 3" from the DP back with a glass pack and a CAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5_uJAET9m0
That's cool... I remember my old '87 Mustang 5.0... She was mean... and FAST!!! Anyway, they just don't make them like they use to, lol.

Yah, I took my grandfather to get his license renewed and was bored. It was just me, the song, and a camera...what could possibly go wrong??? lol...

P.S. I subscribed to you on YT... :smileup:

#52 ·
The second and 4th vid didn't work for me even after I went to YT. But losing traction at 100mph is a feat most can't do. That is impressive, beating that viper... WOW!!! I remember those good ol days... All I have is my truck to tinker with now....lol. But it is doing just fine. I see you subbed back. Thanks. Look forward to more vid's... I need a camera....lol I am stepping away for a few. Got to do some other stuff. Trying to find the best deal on my lights, I will try to at least take pictures and upload them either on here, and/or YT...lol.

#53 · (Edited)
yeah, i dont know why. the one vid was his car spinning through all the gears down the track. the viper one is my fav LOL believe it or not thats a 4 banger in that car with a holset turbo running 35 LBS of boost and he gets 30 MPG CITY! i got a ride in that car, it was sick. they are also FWD! so yeah, loosing traction at 100 MPH is ridiculous. he has a ton of daytaon;s with that same motor in them. theres only 431 US made IROC RT's and theres potential on these turbo motors. they came factory forged and there only 2.2L's mine needs paint and a holset treatment but now i wanna mod the truck

no prob, ill be waiting for more pics and vids LOL

#54 ·
yeah, i dont know why. the one vid was his car spinning through all the gears down the track. the viper one is my fav LOL believe it or not thats a 4 banger in that car with a holset turbo running 35 LBS of boost and he gets 30 MPG CITY! i got a ride in that car, it was sick. he has a ton of daytaon;s with that same motor in them. theres only 431 US made IROC RT's and theres potential on these turbo motors. they came factory forged and there only 2.2L's mine needs paint and a holset treatment but now i wanna mod the truck

no prob, ill be waiting for more pics and vids LOL
Sounds like more fun than you know what to do with...lol. I hope to get something put up soon.

Check ya l8er!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.