DODGE RAM FORUM banner

need help finding a lift

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  firerescuedodge23 
#1 ·
ok i have a 2008 1500 4x4 already got tires on order, just looking to pick out a lift and get it over with. Man it takes a while alot of good ideas and products to choose from out there. Does anyone know if there is that big of difference in brands between the performance accessories lifts and all the other big name ones. There a bit less money wise than the others, but dont want to get ripped off. If i have to pay extra name brand one like a rough country one i will. Any help to point me in the right direction i would appreciate thanks

#2 ·
Well the performance accessory lifts are body lifts not a suspension lift. It raises the body up off the frame rather than the whole suspension. Thats the cheaper route and definitely still looks good, I personally have the Performance Accessories Premium Lift which is a 5" kit (3 inch body 2 inch level) and it fits 35s. You can check out how it looks in my build thread under the custom builds section. I've heard really good things about ProComp lifts as well as Fabtech. The guys at 4 wheel parts have told me pretty negative things about Rough Country but I personally have no experience with them so I can't comment. Personally for what I'm looking to do, the body lift with some upgraded shocks works perfectly fine. Maybe down the road I'll do a small suspension lift like a 3 inch just to get some extra height to mess with my buddies lol. But honestly you can't go wrong with Pro Comp or Fabtech. Just my .02. Hope it was helpful.

#5 · (Edited)
I have to agree, if you want to go with something good then you need to spend some money. I would stay away from the cheaper lift kits out there since really you get what you pay for. I have heard bad things about Rough Country and the other cheaper guys. The Performance Accesories lift is actually cheap but it is not a full suspension lift kit. I have the body lift on my 07 Ram and I like it a lot, you do not even notice that the body was lifted off the frame 3". If you want to save some money I would say to go with the PA 5" lift instead of a cheap suspension lift. If you can spend the money then I would say go with a suspension lift over the PA lift though. The suspension lift is much nicer and gives you the full effect of a lift. I have the Fabtech lift (6") and I love it. It is very well made and worth the money you spend. The other good kits are ones like Superlift and BDS where they have all the parts you need and they are made to last!

If you look at BDS and Fabtech they have additonal parts you can get for their suspension lifts like steering stabilizers which shows the research they have in the suspension set up. I have the stabilizers on my Fabtech kit and they are great! I also upgraded the rear shocks to their performance ones and they just look awesome and feel even better. When you lift the truck by suspension it feels so much better, I love the way the truck handles and the ride quality. In my opinion the ride got much better after lifting it with the 6" Fabtech kit. The other thing you should look at is the front shocks, you will keep the stock ones with most lift kits. I had the Bilstein 5100s up front since I used them before as a leveling kit, well now they are lifting the front too. I would say upgrade the fronts to get the full feel. If you ever did want to go higher then I would say put the 5100s under there and lift them when you want to. Then you can add a PA body lift to get even higher....pretty much what I did haha. I would say my two choices for suspension lifts would be Fabtech and BDS

Reactions: firerescuedodge23
#7 ·
I would stay clear of rough country and rancho, I mean the price on the rough country 6 inch is very appealing believe me but from what i've heard you'll be regretting not forking up the extra couple hundred as soon as you do it. IMO you really can't go wrong with a Fabtech or a BDS.

#8 ·
talked to the guys at top gun customz yesterday. They said that rough country lifts are good lifts. So i am going with a 6 inch rough country suspension lift with 35x12.5.18 nitto trail grapplers on fuel hostage wheels which should be arriving nxt week also. Pretty much they said ur paying for the name with money difference between the other lifts. Hopefully all goes well try and post some pics when i get done. Thanks for all your help guys.

#10 ·
really good to hear that. I'm getting just the springs from rockymountain suspension since i dont need the blocks u bolts or shocks.:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.