DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Zone 6" Lift, 37X12.5 Nitto Dunes: Alignment..

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Casualdreamer 
#1 ·
Hope every ones holidays have been good. I have been running into an issue with this Zone Lift (Sister Company of BDS Lifts) When I got the truck back the alignment was good and straight. Then all of a sudden its pulling right. Steering wheel is in between 11 and 12 o'clock. Its enought to bother me... I took it in to the local alignment shop and blam!! perfect. A month later pulls again. I take it back to them and ask hey is there something I need to get to fix this repeatedly alignment issue especially when I am not offroading or anything that may knock it out of alignment. If took it back into the shop hooked it up, test drove it and returned. He told me "honestly man, I have put you back to Spec as I can, rotated the tires from one side to the other. I don't what to keep taking your money to align something that I can't get all the way, he said it was the crown on the road that is knocking it out, when I drive down center of the road it does level back to normal some but I can't drive down the center of the road.

I knew these wide tires would bring some challenges but I have friends with same lift they are not having this issue. Is there something I can get done that will remedy this? Its enough to throw me off sometime when I drive down the road sometimes. It even happens of new black paved roads, so I am still leaning to the alignment is off. I am stumped :4-dontknow: any help would be gratefully thanked..

I have read other topics stating camber or caster adjustment with spec but I don't know to much about that...

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thats the only lift I hear complaining about for the 4th gen. Like Mx said, check the front end for worn out parts. I had mine aligned when it was lifted and just did it again before I made a 6k cross country trip a few weeks ago! Only did it because I put 12k on the original alignment and have been hunting every weekend and beating it camping and playing in it since spring :D

I know thats not much help, but I havent had any alignment issues. Nor have my buddies with lifts. Some have bigger and wider tires than both me and you and have NO issues. Honestly those dune Grapplers are hardly ATs and in that size with that tread depth, you should be far far away from issues. Check that front end and/or contact Zone.

#4 ·
I have buddies with this same lift and they don't have a problem either. I just emailed Zone lets see what they say. I have only had the kit for a few hundred miles now.. Here are some pics to see where my steering wheels sits to go straight...

Attachments

#5 ·
Ohhh man!!! That does look familiar, but mine was to the right. That little slack drove me nuts!! Are they aligning your truck to stock specs?

Let us know what Zone says. Btw i wasnt bad mouthing the lift or company. Ive just heard a few diff complaints about this specific lift. Well to think about it I bitched about mine, anyway...movin on!

#6 ·
As close as they can get me... This last time they didn't charge me because of the Mechanic flat out told me that he didn't know what was going on. He said he got me as close as he could get me to Stock as possible. I kept forgetting to ask for a print out but the fact that he came out and told me instead of taking my money, I respected him more than anything and believed his word. We will see. I hate to do it but going to the dealership this week to see what they can say if I don't hear from Zone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.