DODGE RAM FORUM banner

BDS Lift Setup Thread PICS

127K views 321 replies 81 participants last post by  ALWX65 
#1 ·
There are a few running around and not much info on the Z (Both 1500 and 2500)
Lets consolidate and provide info here for the members :smileup:

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

**idea taken from Ram725 with his RCX lift thread**

#58 ·
The Spys are definitely one of the nicer wheels out there imo, especially on a black or white truck.

They were pretty high on my list until I went and shined up the stockers and realized how much I liked the chrome on blue.

#61 · (Edited)
Well I guess I can throw mine up xD

2009 Ram 1500 CC 4x4

BDS 6" lift (6" front, 5" rear)

Fox 2.0 shocks in rear

Dual Steering Stabilizers

Bilsteins at 2.1 in front

No body lift

Wheels: HD Spinout 20x9 +15

Tires: Dick Cepek Fun Country II 305x55r20 (for now, Getting some 35x12.50r20 Nitto trail grapplers as soon as holidays are over)

I love the lift, it actually made my ride smoother over bumps. The only downside, which comes with all lifts, is the turning radius is decreased.

#65 ·
My 2014 1500

Here's my truck, 6" BDS lift, 20" rockstar 2's, 295/60s Nitto Terra Grapplers. Since the pic it's got AMP power steps, bushwacker pocket style flares with the screws powder coated black, recon smoked 3rd brake light, APM hoods at the painter and magnaflow catbacks at the powder coater. Also Royalty Core grille on the way to finish the black out.

Anyone wanna buy a sport hood?

#66 ·
Here's my truck, 6" BDS lift, 20" rockstar 2's, 295/60s Nitto Terra Grapplers. Since the pic it's got AMP power steps, bushwacker pocket style flares with the screws powder coated black, recon smoked 3rd brake light, APM hoods at the painter and magnaflow catbacks at the powder coater. Also Royalty Core grille on the way to finish the black out.

Anyone wanna buy a sport hood?
Very nice :smileup:

:rep:

#70 ·
Some badass additions to an already badass thread.

How many posts before we can get a sticky up in hur?

#71 ·
I agree with this ^^^, not sure how many posts not even sure if that is one of the requirements or not, as there are some threads on here that have 1000's of posts and are not stickied :doh:

just noticed you have a very colorful signature i like it :)

Thanks
Jeremiah

#75 ·
Just picked up my truck from the shop this morning.

2013 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Lift: 4" BDS
No bilsteins
Tires: 285/75/18 Toyo MT
Rims: 18x9 Fuel Hostages +1 offset

#79 ·
That truck above has a great balance to it. Very near level stance, and the rubber stuffs perfectly into the wells. Gives the illusion of near stock configuration, with the exception of the nose down attitude, UNTIL you park it next to a stocker. Then it's probably comical ;)

Thats precisely the same effect I'm looking for with my build. It will be slightly wider, and 4" in total higher, but the stuffing, and balance should be very similar. Same wheels as well..ha

In my view a 4x4 with it's nose down will always look like a 4x2. But a 4x4 with a near level stance, and it's rubber, no matter the size, properly stuffed provides an aesthetic difficult to rival IMHO.

#80 ·
Thanks for the comments I appreciate it. Also I am planning on having the front windows tinted to hopefully be close to the rears. Thanks again

#85 ·
Beautiful RAM with butt fugly owner :gy:

My wife shot this today after we washed it for the first time since out November purchase. We figured it needed some sort of something for scale sake. She refused .. I apologize for the substitution *L*

[/IMG]

#87 ·
*L* Yeah, I guess you guys would. Mine is a strong but modest built. Some of our members have huge trucks eh? Added body lifts and such. For aesthetic reasons I've always enjoyed a clean, stuffed look in my 4x4's.

Good point on the gears .. I'll just add that to my signature for clarity from now on.

Thanks for the kind words man

:beerchug:

#91 ·
You just can't go wrong with black on white.

And you've got the gnarly beard to go with the gnarly truck. :head3:

#93 ·
What a beast! Nice work! Man, 22" wheels... those are pimpin!

#95 ·
What a beast!

Hope no one ever wrecks a rotator cuff. You won't be able to reach up for the door handles :gy:

#98 ·
haha, they aren't that tall. I think it's the perfect height. Not to terribly tall but not to small.

sled92 said:
Wow! Beast is right! Looks great Kuzican2010!!
Thanks! I love it, makes the truck look a whole hell of a lot meaner!

fastNugly @ BP said:
Kuzican2010, you got one killer truck man!
Great choice on the combo and 6" + 3" = BEAST!!!
Thanks man, got all my parts from you guys and couldn't be more than happy with the products!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.