DODGE RAM FORUM banner

The Persisting HID Problem....

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Valldar 
#1 ·
So its been about 2 months now, and I have yet to fix my HID problem and for the past 2 months I've just been dealing with it and I really want to fix it now..

Basically, what Ive got how is DDM tuning 55w HID's in my headlights with a modified relay harness.. My problem is when my trucks engine is ON my normal headlights will turn on for about 5 seconds then shut off and never come back on. If i turn my lights off then back on, the same thing repeats. If I turn my high beams on while my engine is ON, then they work fine 100% of the time forever... but then I have to drive with my high beams on and people flash their lights at me a lot and I feel like an *******... Also the cops around here are pretty vicious about tickets for fix it type stuff, and i consider myself lucky i haven't gotten one yet.

Also, when my trucks engine is OFF, and i just turn on the accessory power my normal headlights work 100% fine forever, but when i turn on my high beams on they stay on for about 5 seconds then shut off. This is the exact reverse of my problem I have when my trucks engine is ON... and its confusing and frustrating :(

As far as i can tell it has to be something with my trucks computer or some weird issue with my H13 Hi/Low lights where they wont function properly.. i dont know..

Long story short this problem is getting really really really annoying and i just want to fix it, I've spend countless hours ripping my headlights in and out, driving around and spent close to 400 bucks trying to fix this shit!

Anyways, I have the 2006 Ram 5.7 and has ANYONE bought a HID kit with a relay harness, plug it in and just have it WORK!!!!

I don't care how much it costs, I just need a 50w HID kit, and a relay harness that matches it to just plug in and work... Right now I'm looking at 3B Spec for ordering both since people around here say Hanh is good @ customer service and their lights are pretty reliable..

Sorry for my wall of text and rant, but this pisses me off and any help would be amazing and appreciated :) :smileup:

See less See more
#3 ·
MADDOG,

Ya I have used relay harnesses on mine before but I still have the problems I listed before... I would be OK going with a bi-xenon bulb like you described that is a HID low and a Xenon high beam.

When you say trigger wire for the high/low, do you mean it has a separate connection just for the hi/low function on your bulb that connects to the relay? I think thats what you mean.

Anyways, where did you get your Bulbs and Relay Harness from? I need the H13 Hi/Low bulbs but I think since you have the 2007 yours are the same thing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.