DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Low Trans Fluid

697 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Burkdadhemi 
#1 ·
Check the trans fluid level and it was almost a qt low :SHOCKED: whats up with that, it don't leak so where did that almost qt of trans fluid go. I think this is the second time I've had to add fluid in 65K.

#2 ·
First thing is you should have changed that by now. I don't know the specifics of your tranny, (Maybe Randy can chime in on that) but my 46RE should be changed every 30K miles. Yours may be more but not double. Your filter is probably dirty by now also. One other thing you need to find out is are you checking it correctly. No, I'm not insulting you, it's just that Dodge trannys are funny that way. On my 46RE you have to check it warm and in neutral to get a proper reading. If you check it in Park you will get an incorrect reading. So, while I can't give you definitive answers, I hopefully gave you a better direction to look at.

#3 · (Edited)
Yeah No worries on the insult, I have pretty thick skin LOL, the 5 speed 545RFE is a life time haha yeah right... anyways I do pull a 30' travel trailer with it about once a year from job site to job site and in the Manuel it says at 60K if you do a severduty so I figure I'd be in the middle. I will be doing a filter change by the end of the month and putting in my QB trans fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.