DODGE RAM FORUM banner

TCS question

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  white4x4 
#1 ·
When you hit the button to turn traction control off should the ABS still kick in? To me it shouldnt but the dealer says its normal

#5 ·
The TCS is BS!!!! I hate it so much. I do not think a pickup should have this garbage. Even when you turn the crap off it is still there. When you want to get in and out of some off road conditions the last thing you want is the truck cutting power off haha.

Yes to answer the question the ABS is still on, damn the TCS is always on as well haha

A little trick when you want to save some fuel economy and get a little more power turn the TCS off. If you do this and watch the Fuel Economy screen on the dash you will see it does help a little bit with the TCS off.

#7 ·
yeah the TCS sucks, on my evo it had TCS and when i would go to the drag strip with the car i used to pull out the ABS fuse, and turn the TCS off and the car would spin the tires ( yes even being AWD) and if i didnt take the ABS fuse out an only turned off the TCS it would bog down as soon as i launched the car. I dont know maybe its something you can try but thats just my .02 not really sure how it would work on the rams

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.