DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need lift kit help.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  firerescuedodge23 
#1 ·
I have an 08 1500 QC 2wd. I am looking to level out the front but a lift is what is really desired. I have a 3" difference between the front and back. I have found multiple items for all years, but mine. From what I am reading the spindles will work on any model from 02-08. I have found a 3" chassi tech, a 4" doetsch and a 4"cst spindle. What is everyone's thoughts on those? What length brake lines would I need for these spindles? No I know fabtech, pro comp, and cst have full lift kits available. I also saw an 02-05 rough country lift, but they dont have anything for the 08, does anyone know if I could install the kit on an 08? And lastly could I use my stock 20" rims until I need new tires? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#3 ·
I'm pretty interested in some spindles as well I would stay far far away form Rough Country. Everything I've heard from shops and from friends who have used their kits have been horribly disappointed and ended up switching them out almost immediately

#4 ·
Rough country sells a 3" lift the has new coils and shocks for the front and blocks for the rear
My dad had an an RC lift on his f150, my brother had one on his Cherokee and I have a few friends with them on their jeeps, they all saw more abuse then most trucks on this forum and never had a problem with any of them. They are under new ownership in te past few years and even carry a lifetime warranty almost identical to BDS

#5 ·
:smileup: I stand corrected. Good luck with the RC. Since doing some more research myself I may be going down the road of swapping out the spacers for the RC springs.

#6 · (Edited)
I have a 4 in Doetsh lift for sale...600$ shipped. (4in lift spindles along with 2.5 in blocks and u bolts for the rear)

I had it installed on my 2wd 2005 Ram 1500 before i decided to go bigger. I had no problems with it when it was on. On my 1500 i had stock 20in rims with the 305.55.20 on them and with the Doetsch spindles i did not need wheel spacers, extended brake lines or new shocks. I would have used the spindles but to keep the warrenty went with all the same product. You can give me a call if you want..- 904-534-4722

I dont know if these will fit an 08 I would need to call Doetsch - but i do know that this fits 2002 to 2007
Doetsch number is 1-800-8-shocks

#7 ·
:smileup::smileup: I called them the other day actually and yes they will fit they just never updated the site

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.