DODGE RAM FORUM banner

5100 Leveling: What do I need

710 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ScatPak07 
#1 ·
Took the 07 Hemi in for inspection today. It needs a battery and the left front strut it leaking (50k miles). I was already considering installing the Bilstein 5100 adjustables and figured that since the struts need to be replaced anyway, this is the perfect time.

Local oil change/tire place I took it to said that I need a kit to install the 5100s and that their only for trucks that already have a lift kit. All the reading I've been doing says different and the prices they want for a stock strut are more than the 5100s I've been seeing online.

I found a local guy who will install both for under $200 and just want to make sure that if I order 2 x part # 24-186988 there won't be any install issues other than an allignment being needed.

#2 ·
The guy you saw the first time was a retard haha. You do not need to have anything before you install the 5100s or need a kit to do so. All you need to do is order them and install them. I would say not to go back to that guy since he does not know what he is talking about. They should take about a couple hours to install them so the $200 doesnt seem to bad. And yes you will need an alignment after you install them. Good luck with it man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.