DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country Lift Setup Thread PICS

223K views 565 replies 134 participants last post by  ginandtonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I consistently see almost everyday a new thread of people asking for pictures of Rough Country Lifts on the 2009-2012 Rams with tire size, wheels, bilsteins etc. I know there are a lot of lift threads out there but it can be annoying having to search multiple threads to find a RCX lift on bilsteins. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Rough Country Lifts. Hopefully this will help others wondering what size tires, bilsteins, etc to go with.

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

#512 ·
Neither.... Zone 6" kit with 5" rear coils and Bilstein 5100's at 2.1" is the best "bang for your buck" lift kit available for the 4th gen 1500's. If you want to take it a step up from there BDS is the next best option.

Both RCX and ProComp essentially use a spacer for the rear lift which is not ideal. Zone and BDS both offer full rear lift coils.

#519 ·
RC 4" lift with the 6"kit rear spacer, track arm drop bracket and upper trailing arm. Rancho quicklift leveling kit up front.

20x9 Fuel Vectors on 35x12x50 Cooper ST Maxx

#530 ·
okay need some opinions...looking to due a 6in rcx kit on my 2012 ram. im not new to lift kits and have plenty of kits on previous trucks but this is my first ram. aka never did a lift with rear coils. Now my question is do you guys prefer the billy over a body lift? debating on if i wanna do a 6 with billys or a 6 with a 3in body. also i know there plenty of pictures on here but does any one have a picture of a 1500 on a 6in and body on 35s?

thanks in advance and Fast truck keeps making me wanna change my lift LOL

#531 ·
First off, I'd recommend going with a Zone or Superlift kit over Rough Country. Rough Country changed their kit a few years ago and now only use coil spacers for the rear lift rather than full lift coils. Not to mention their kit quality isn't as good and there customer service is terrible.

Bilsteins and body lifts are used for two completely different applications with 6" lifts. Obviously Bilsteins are only going to lift the front end to level the truck out and a body lift is going to lift the entire truck. If you're wanting to just stay with 35's you don't have any need for a body lift as the 6" plus Bilsteins will give you more than enough clearance for any wheel setup with 35's. Not to mention that 35's will look too small with a 6" lift and 3" body lift.

#536 ·
2014 Ram Sport w/ 6" RCX Lift

Just installed an RCX 6" lift last weekend. I already had Bilsteins installed at 2.1" so I didn't have to put in the front coil spacer. I've been contemplating a lift for the last 18 months and glad I made the decision to get one. Overall I'm very happy with the ride. Next I'll be putting on a set of 295/65R20 Toyo AT2's on the stock rims. I'm pretty sure they will fit without a 1/4" wheel spacer.

Attachments

#538 ·
Just installed an RCX 6" lift last weekend. I already had Bilsteins installed at 2.1" so I didn't have to put in the front coil spacer. I've been contemplating a lift for the last 18 months and glad I made the decision to get one. Overall I'm very happy with the ride. Next I'll be putting on a set of 295/65R20 Toyo AT2's on the stock rims. I'm pretty sure they will fit without a 1/4" wheel spacer.

Can't wait to see it with tires! Looks great!

#541 ·
Where can I order some 5" rear coil springs for my
'10 1500 4x4? I can't find them for sale anywhere. Do I have to call BDS, Superlift, etc and ask if they will sell just the coils to me? I'm sick and tired of all the noise coming from the BDS coil spring spacers. My coil springs are actually leaning forward on both sides. Anyone?

#543 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I've had the rcx 6" kit in my 07 ram 1500 for 3 years or so now with 20x9 hostages +1 offset. I've been running 35x13.5 tires since I lifted the truck but now I'm in need of some new rubber. Was wondering if I could stuff 37x13.5s under there with just the 6" lift and my wheel offset without much rubbing. Thanks

#545 · (Edited)
Just picked mine up from the shop.

2016 1500 Laramie - True Blue 3.92 gears
6" Rough Country lift
20x10 Moto 970 black/machined
35x12.25 20 Toyo Open Country M/T
44" front and rear now (rear is about 1/2 lower in these pics with OEM rims & tires in the bed.)

At the shop:

When I got it back to work:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.