DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country Lift Setup Thread PICS

223K views 565 replies 134 participants last post by  ginandtonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I consistently see almost everyday a new thread of people asking for pictures of Rough Country Lifts on the 2009-2012 Rams with tire size, wheels, bilsteins etc. I know there are a lot of lift threads out there but it can be annoying having to search multiple threads to find a RCX lift on bilsteins. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Rough Country Lifts. Hopefully this will help others wondering what size tires, bilsteins, etc to go with.

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

#212 ·
So I know I posted a few months ago and you guys responded with the answers to my questions. I have a couple more, but bear with me if they were answered previously in this as I'm still deployed and can only log in from time to time. I know the Bilsteins will raise the front depending on the settings. Those are planned anyway because the factory shocks and struts are going to be replaced. Ram725 and Fast said to use a coil spacer in the rear to level the truck with the added lift in the front. I have an '06 and it's leaf springs in the rear. Would I have to add a leaf to achieve the lift now?

Also, RCX's website recommends a 37'' tire on a 20'' wheel. I am not sure I want to go with a 20'' wheel. I am more of a fan of 17'' to 18''. What kind of problems am I looking at with the smaller diameter wheel?

Thanks again in advance! You guys never let me down!

#213 ·
What size lift are you going with? I'm going to guess 6"? If you go with a 6" i'd recommend going with a 18" wheel because if you go with a 17" i believe you are going to need a spacer but i could be wrong someone will correct me.

#217 ·
Posting because I have never seen anyone with stock struts and a 1.75" spacer on top of the rear coil springs. A screw up by the shop who installed but I like the stance! Will love it if it sags an inch in the rear!
6" rcx 3" pa on 355/65/18 with 1.75" spacer in rear

#219 ·
My fender wells in the front are shorter than his. But the top of my cab and my rear are taller. He isn't happy about that. If I had the bis at 2.4 I'd be taller in every direction.

I'll probably remove the spacer this time home and then possibly do the spacer and bilsteins at 2.4. Time will tell I'm really scare of making it too big because it's my DD but sorta taking it as a sign from up above that I should be higher since the rear block was left on haha

#225 ·
Thanks guys! Really means a lot because its one of my fave things in the world now. Haha but fast I did have to retire all my skinny jeans because I couldn't kick my leg high enough to get in. Lmfao
But some better steps are on my list some that are body lift friendly but that comes after the charger ordeal.

#227 ·
Damn skinny jeans :i_rolleyes:
Nfabs or Dominator II steps will look good on your ride :smileup:

RIPP is putting a GB for us. Will post it shortly.
Trying to time it so its close to the release of the '12 tune

I was quotes 899.00 for the 6" rough country suspension lift 450 to install..
I dont think this is bad at all.
In order to get that install price, do you need to buy the kit from them?
If not, I can certainly offer member pricing ;)

#228 ·
Thats ridiculously cheap. Too cheap. I'd be worried haha. So a rock chipped my windshield saturday and I promptly made a appointment to get it fixed. They "fixed" it but it looks exactly the same. Looks like I'm gonna have to pay cash for a new windshield.

#233 ·
Just ordered a set of 37'' Nitto Trail Grapplers and XD Addict wheels in black/machined for my truck. I still have a couple of months before I get home from this deployment so no pictures yet, but the build will include 6'' RCX lift, Bilstein 5100s up front, and the previously mentioned wheels and tires.

#236 ·
sweet

awesome... love it.

random question.... any chance rollin 40s with 6" plus maxed 5100s? seen the 38s... but ....:SHOCKED:

#243 ·
I have a rwd 2004 dodge ram 1500 I have a 3" RC suspension lift and 2.5 leveling kit as well will this work together or am gonna have to return the leveling kit and get blisteins too level it out. Or has anybody had both a 3" coil springs on front with a 2.5" spacer with a 1.5 leaf spring block for rear. Me and my friend are gonna put it on soon we started today and ram into a couple problem like seized shock bolts. And also will the brake lines reach that far adding 5.5" in the front?

#244 ·
I'm starting to order all the goodies and what not for my truck in order to have everything when I get home from deployment. The wheels/tires are ordered. I have decided on the 6'' RCX lift and I am replacing the struts up front with the Bilstein 5100s. Is there anything else I should be looking at while I am ordering all of these parts based on the experience of those who have lifted their trucks? Also, what size gearing should I go with if I choose to re-gear at this time? The truck is an '06 Ram 1500 4x4 standard cab short bed 5.7L and I will be running 37x12.5s.

#250 ·
I have a question about the rear shocks that RCX provides. Are they any good? I was thinking of putting Bilstein 5100s in the rear as well. I checked bilstein's website and found this part number (33-187228) for the 5100s for a 3-5'' rear lift. Will this work on my truck with a 6'' RCX lift? I know the rear is not lifted 6'' over stock, that is why I ask about that specific part number.

#251 ·
I would recommend running them first as they are not bad.
if and when they begin to fail or after a while and you wanting to upgrade. that is when I would recommend it.
I too was in the same both.
Running the RCX rear shocks for 8 months now and no issues.
But I am about ready to swap over to 5165's

But, I would run them first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.