DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country Lift Setup Thread PICS

223K views 565 replies 134 participants last post by  ginandtonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I consistently see almost everyday a new thread of people asking for pictures of Rough Country Lifts on the 2009-2012 Rams with tire size, wheels, bilsteins etc. I know there are a lot of lift threads out there but it can be annoying having to search multiple threads to find a RCX lift on bilsteins. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Rough Country Lifts. Hopefully this will help others wondering what size tires, bilsteins, etc to go with.

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

#262 · (Edited)
dont feel bad andrew my truck is usually shiny too haha...i like angle pics, my tires dont look so bad haha.

2011 RCSB
-6" RCX lift
-1.25" RCX Body Lift
-2.75" Bills
-PA Acc 1.5" Rear Spacers (1" Rake) 48" rear 47" front
-315/70/17 ProComp XMT's ( uggg )
-17X9 Eagle Alloy 027 2mm Offset

if anything goes in my favor ill have a set of flares and 37's before summer is out. will update then :)

#266 ·
Thanks Andrew!! I'm definitely super stoked with how it came out. It's already turning heads like crazy.

Now I just need to get a painted trim piece on top of the bumper and the outside will be pretty much done! That should make it look quite a bit better.

PS: Did you get my email with the pictures of the sway bar links?? Haven't heard anything back from you should I was just wondering if it actually went through.

#275 ·
2007 Ram 1500 Sport 6 Inch RCX, bilsteins at factory ride height. 20x9 fuel hostages 0 offset. 35x13.5 fuel mud gripper tires. No rub at all.
Gonna have to get better pictures later! :smileup:

Before:

After:

#280 ·
Yes, it definitely looks like there's more gap on the passenger side.

DRsilverram, check to make sure your springs are seated properly top and bottom. I had that issue with my RCX kit at first. I ended up having to turn one of the springs 180 degrees in order to get it to sit down properly on the axle.

#285 ·
Year/Model: 2010 Sport
Lift Size: 6"
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No YES, set at 1.4
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No NO
Tire Size 35" TOYO AT2's
Wheel Size 20" XD Monsters
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons: Kicker Bars

I love this lift. My truck looks so killer!!!
Only thing is, I notice when Im at a stop and I hit the gas, at about 5 mph I feel a rumble/vibration that lasts for maybe second and then goes away. Its only upon acceleration, and I dont feel it at any other time. It almost feels like Im running over 3 or 4 reflectors with my rear wheels. Its really subtle, I doubt my wife would feel it. The truck has 30K miles on it and the lift has 300 miles on it. My installer thinks its the U joint, I just dont think so. But hey Im no mechanic.

Oh yea, the alignment is off, Im bringing it in for a realignment next weekend. Im hoping it goes away then.

Attachments

#292 ·
i delt with kirk hickman, decent i guess, he didnt believe me they had the adjustable a arms, when he went to tech (i guess) they said yes and he sent me a set, never did install, lowering my bills and removeing my rear 1.5" spacers next weekend hopefully, see what that does first....been so busy with work all summer hadn't had time for anything.

#293 ·
Hers my 09 crew with 6" RCX, Bilsteins at 2.1, 1" rear TGC coil spacer on 36x13.5x20 IROK's. When I first lifted it it was sporting some XD Rockstars as you can see but I wasnt a big fan of them so now its on the stock chrome 20's with the IROK's. Waiting to pick up some 38x13.5x20 Toyo's in a couple months.

Stock:

Midway though the lift:

After on Rockstars:

On stock 20's with IROK's:

#295 ·
I still have them, they are now taking up space in my garage. I just wasnt a huge fan of the Rockstars, I think its the Roman chariot center caps that throw me off. haha

#298 ·
I have to admit they started to grow on me before I took them off, I love the black on black look it was just the overall style of the rim I didnt care for.

Cut the center caps down and PlastiDip the star. That's what I did.
After re looking at your pics...seems like you did it.
Either way, I got rid of mine as well....
Yeah I poped the stars out and plasti-dipped them black. I think they look a lot better all black then with that silver star. I like the stock chrome's but I'm thinking of picking up some 20x12's towards the end of the year. Just kind of undecided at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.