DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country Lift Setup Thread PICS

223K views 565 replies 134 participants last post by  ginandtonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I consistently see almost everyday a new thread of people asking for pictures of Rough Country Lifts on the 2009-2012 Rams with tire size, wheels, bilsteins etc. I know there are a lot of lift threads out there but it can be annoying having to search multiple threads to find a RCX lift on bilsteins. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Rough Country Lifts. Hopefully this will help others wondering what size tires, bilsteins, etc to go with.

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

#354 ·
lift

I like the idea of the 3" springs. I haven't seen them anywhere. Could someone tell me where to get them? I'd love to have a 5" lift. They say the 4" will give me 5" above most because the outdoorsman is 1" taller. Anyone put a lift on an outdoorsman? Sorry to be a pest but don't wanna waste my time or money.

#359 · (Edited)
I like the idea of the 3" springs. I haven't seen them anywhere. Could someone tell me where to get them? I'd love to have a 5" lift. They say the 4" will give me 5" above most because the outdoorsman is 1" taller. Anyone put a lift on an outdoorsman? Sorry to be a pest but don't wanna waste my time or money.
A 4" lift with spacers on an Outdoorsman will give you approximately 5", however 4" springs will only give you 4" because that extra inch the Outdoorsmans have is from the factory springs.

As for where to get springs....Zone Offroad has 3" and 5" rear coil springs available. I'm sure there are other companies that offer them as well. Maybe check with one of the vendors here....

#360 ·
thanks man!

Also, was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the 4" lift and bilstein adjustables only in the front, i have my bilstein's set at 0.7 but the truck is sitting a bit nose high, i was hoping everything might settle a bit and level out, but it hasnt yet, do the bilsteins just need to be broke in a little more to flatten out that little bit or am i going to have to either add a little more spacer to the rear or set the shocks back down to the stock setting?

any help would be great!

#362 ·
#381 ·
It will work, but does require some modding to get it to fit
Heck, if a member can install 20x10 -24 offset on just max Bilsteins, it will work on a 6" lift
Again, with minor modification

But if you don't want the hassle….20x9 in either a 0 offset or -12 offset is preferred. 0 offset will not rub :smileup:

#389 ·
What made you go from the 37's down to the 35's? And switch tire type?

#390 ·
Mainly did the 35's for winter.
Like how the Terra's rode and since I don't do any off-roading, I went back to the same tire in 37's partly because I did my gears (4.56) in the early stages and 35' and 4.56 on the freeway is just not the best for fuel MPG as it revs at 2200. with 37s, I am revving at 1980 at the same 70 MPH

But 35's and 4.56 in the city is a BEAST! LOL

#391 ·
This is why I'm feeling a 35" tire mated with the 3.92's is probably the most ideal combo... and a 6" lift looks real good with 35" tires... your truck looks absolutely perfect as it sits right now... that's exactly how I want my new one to stand...

#399 ·
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 ... RCX 6"lift , OEM Wheels 35x12.50 tires (1/4"spacer) Waiting on Bilsteins to come in . Looking for wheels as we speak (too many options!!!)
Im going to be running the same setup, waiting for my bilsteins as well, apparently they are on back order and are being discontinued. What kind of tires do you have? How long did your kit take to install? Looks great!

#407 ·
I've been looking at the 6" RCX for a while and waiting to pull the trigger. I do have a question, I'm station out here in CA and was wondering if there is a height/lift limit on trucks. I'm unable to find anything on this. I just don't want to cut my factory cross member as per the instructions and then realize I would have to remove the RCX and by that time it will be too late. I'm still shopping price and the average is $1399 including shipping, not sure if they really go on sell or not, just not ready to spend. If anyone knows of a sell I will listen. But please assist with my question if anyone knows the CA laws on suspension lifts.

Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.