DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country Lift Setup Thread PICS

223K views 565 replies 134 participants last post by  ginandtonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I consistently see almost everyday a new thread of people asking for pictures of Rough Country Lifts on the 2009-2012 Rams with tire size, wheels, bilsteins etc. I know there are a lot of lift threads out there but it can be annoying having to search multiple threads to find a RCX lift on bilsteins. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Rough Country Lifts. Hopefully this will help others wondering what size tires, bilsteins, etc to go with.

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

#474 ·
Hey guys...Im in the middle of a 6" install on a 2010 1500 as we speak, and before I start getting creative I was wondering if anyone recalls the diff connector (upper) wouldn't reach the diff even after undoing the upper clip?!?! I've pulled on it about as much as I am comfortable with...Did ya'll just free it up from that main junction of the engine harness?!?!

#484 ·
Sharp looking rig you got there...have you checked your deflection in the front...I have a fairly similar set up...but rub the front aft part of my fender (slightly) when the wheel is turned to that respective side...ie the front left tire rubs the fender rubs on the back side of it in a left turn...You experiencing any of that?

Wheels are a 17x9 with a -24 offset...

#485 ·
I guess this would be the right place to ask this question. I have a 6" lift installed sitting in 35s. I hate the rake. Rather then using bilstiens to push my front end up a little more is there a possibility of using a rear block out of a 4" to bring the back down? I don't even care if it ends up with a bit of Cali lean on it. That's fine with me. Just wondering if it can be done without changing the rear control arms or what has to happen. I don't think I should be the first person to ever ask this

#486 ·
How new/old is your kit?
Do you have the 5" block or 5" rear coil?

If the block, you can purchase a smaller one from Top Gun Customz, however, your shocks are longer and meant for 6", so those will be 2" longer
It maybe better to by the entire rear kit. Which is only 1 box and be safer that way.

OR

I can do a rear from the Zone kit and get you a 3" rear kit which would be better than the 2"
It will level you out.

Email me at sales@bullysperformance.com and I can price you out.

#490 · (Edited)
OK I have looked for this answer with no luck. I have an RCX 6" lift on my 07 1500..I just picked up a Rough Country 87495.20 Dual Steering Stabilizer and am having issues on the install. Does anyone have any pics so i can get a visual?
That kit wasn't meant for for a 1500. I bought the BDS dual stabilizer kit and got it to work with my 1500. You will have to drill two holes in the RCX front xmember to mount them.

Try looking here: http://bds-suspension.com/product-display?sr=stabilizer

#489 ·
4 inch rcx lift with 35's

Very happy with the lift so far. Last two trucks had body lifts only. Went for the suspension this time. Very happy with the installer. If anyone else needs a place in Suffolk county I highly recommend this place. It's autokicks in ronkonkoma. Me and my family have always used the say vile truckshop but not happy with the quote I got this time so went somewhere else. I'll keep you guys posted.

Attachments

#508 ·
Wheel Offsets

Hi guys Im am on deployment now and plan to install a 6" RCX, Bilsteins and 35's with wheels. My question is I really like the deep dish wheel look so I am contemplating a -24 or -44 offset but i dont want to be replacing bearings once a year either. Anyone have any advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.