DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Aux port

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Golf in Big D 
#1 ·
Ok so i really want an auxilary port in my ram (for some reason doesnt have one) but i dont feel like buying a new head unit as there are other things i would like to do with $400+. is there anyone who can inform me on how to possibly install one??? i know it can be done i just want to see if someone on here has done it before i attempt it. :smileup:

#3 ·
yea... i got the Big Horn edition and when i was buying it i thought that it came with one but i was wrong.

#4 ·
Might be an option, maybe another model has it. My 2010 SLT has it factory.

If you go aftermarket, just find a head unit that has it, it's pretty easy. You just get the install kit that has the plastic filler pieces to make it looks nice, then the best way to wire it is to get an adapter/harness for the specific model truck. It will plug into the factory harness and into the radio, as an adapter. Really easy. I used to always splice the wires but it took forever figuring out what is what, running a hot, ground, and acc wire. It's worth the little bit of $ to get the adapter, plus you won't have to hack up the factory harness...

#5 ·
yea, thats what ill probably do. should i just order an adapter from Chrysler?? bc i really want it too look like it came like that from the factory.

#6 ·
I doubt chrysler makes a wiring harness adapter or the install kit/filler pieces. Might be wrong though. I'd google and find others that have used the install kits on your model, and find one you like(they are not all the same, some look good, some bad) then buy that one.

I bought an $80 pioneer head unit to get the aux port for my wife's aveo, and an ebay adapter and an ebay install kit and it is actually REALLY nice. Lucked out, the light color of the radio is a perfect match to the dash lighting of the car, and the install kit matches perfectly to the surrounding dash. It really does look factory, probably the best aftermarket one I've seen.

#7 ·
#9 ·
haha exactly. thats why i want to upgrade to a auxiliary port like my last car had but i dont have the funds to buy my touchscreen HU yet so i figure i will do this as a temporary thing

#11 · (Edited)
I believe that the port may be found in the back of the radio

AM/FM/AUX/CD RADIO REF
- Features AUX input for MP3 or iPod devices (3.5mm cable required)
- Sirius Radio compatible
- Features RDS (Radio Data System) displays text from participating radio stations
- Works with steering wheel controls
- Plays standard audio format CDs and CDRs
- 22 pin main plug
- 10 pin CD changer/Sirius plug

look at this site
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/
insert your Rams information
it brings up the radios that work in your vehicle
the best part is that it tells you all about what the radio is capable of doing
such as Ipod use
it even has the owners manual usually

#12 ·
idk if they do. i will look into it.

#13 ·
:sad: just found out i have the RAQ so no aux at all

#15 ·
Looks like Logjam raised the price on this by $30 over the last couple of weeks. I got mine for $99.
Also my truck had a harness already plugged into the 10 pin connector I needed on the back of my radio. The other end and was not in use. So I just unplugged it and plugged in the Logjam unit.
Make sure you grab some plastic pry bars to remove your bezel too. They work great and real cheap through Harbor Freight Tools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.