DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rear Seats Fold Down

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RootBeer 
#1 ·
Well, after wondering if my damn seats would fold down, I took the drivers rear out.

There are a set of hoops on the back wall, and latches on the seat. After you removed the seat from the hoops, you can reinstall it and it will fold down/up, but is kinda sticks out about a 1/2" compared to the other seat.

I'm debating on weather to cut something, because I don't wanna really go and reweld those things back, lol.

Tom

#2 ·
Hello Tom. I have an 08' so I am not able to help you out here as I don't know the differences. I just thought I would drop a "hello" to you as I noticed this is your first post. When you get the opportunity, stop by the "newbie" section and say hi! Stick around and some of our more knowledgable members will chime in.

#3 ·
I believe those hoops & latches are for use with child safety seat use, you wouldn't want a folding seat when its holding a child, maybe it has the same setup on your other seat as well

#5 ·
Hey! Thanks for the welcome!

They stayed up on my trip into town to get speakers. I don't have any kids that need a seat, anyhoo.

I'll leave em like that for awhile, and see how it goes, it only takes about 10 mins to do it, anyway.

Tom

#6 ·
Welcome to the Z.

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

We LOVE pics of Rams.

Here's how to post them: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.